What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

JJ Cale, nonstop for like two weeks.  I always knew who he was, and heard him occasionally, but somehow I got to be 43 years old before spending some time listening to his work and holy shtein have I been missing out. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i cant stop listening to the version of badlands bruce unleashed the night after reagan was elected....theres so many parallels...and its so far ahead of its time

the lyrics of this song stand for themselves but his spoken intro is truly haunting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGoBcNXa3mM

"i dont what you guys think about what happened last night but i think its pretty frightening"

then into chaos....

Lights out tonight, trouble in the heartland
Got a head-on collision smashing in my guts man
I'm caught in a crossfire that I don't understand
But there's one thing I know for sure

talkin bout a dream, tryin to make it real
You wake up in the night with a fear so real
You spend your life waiting for a moment that just don't come
Well don't waste your time waiting

Badlands, you gotta live it every day
Let the broken hearts stand as the price you've gotta pay
We'll keep pushing till it's understood
And these badlands start treating us good

Working in the field till you get your back burned
Working 'neath the wheels till you get your facts learned
Well baby, I got my facts learned real good right now
You better get it straight

Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfied till he rules everything

Well I believe in the love that you gave me
I believe in the faith that could save me
I believe in the hope and I pray that some day it may raise me above these

Badlands, you gotta live it every day
Let the broken hearts stand as the price you've gotta pay
Keep pushing till it's understood
And these badlands start treating us good

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
I wanna find one face that ain't looking through me
I wanna find one place, I wanna spit in the face of these

smeags

been listening to amazon's music service and I love it. great mix and more features than Pandora or others have.

jamming to rush's red barchetta right now.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: smeags on December 18, 2017, 05:22:21 PM
been listening to amazon's music service and I love it. great mix and more features than Pandora or others have.

jamming to rush's red barchetta right now.

I have an Alexa in every room. Highly recommend.

Heard this song on the radio the other day, I've heard it before, but couldn't remember where I heard it recently. Come to find out it was from GOTG2. Very fitting song for the scene. Part of the reason GOTG is on a different level than the other comic book drivel that gets released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFfyya37UJM

Anyway, reminds me of girls I used to plow in ports when I was in the Navy.

smeags

dude, I love it. amazing catalogue of genres & artists, plus so easy to set up playlists.

thinking of getting alexa. did you get the ehco ? if so how is the sound ?

SD

Quote from: smeags on December 19, 2017, 10:12:42 AM
dude, I love it. amazing catalogue of genres & artists, plus so easy to set up playlists.

If the echo is the small hockey puck one yes. Sounds great. I bought a speaker for one from a third party, the sound quality wasn't much better and the stupid thing broke after two months. It does so much more than just play music too. Real easy to set up.

smeags

Quote from: AO1 on December 19, 2017, 11:34:50 AM
Quote from: smeags on December 19, 2017, 10:12:42 AM

If the echo is the small hockey puck one yes. Sounds great. I bought a speaker for one from a third party, the sound quality wasn't much better and the stupid thing broke after two months. It does so much more than just play music too. Real easy to set up.

yeah that's the dot. I might be looking at the bigger one that has the better speaker setup so I don't have to use a separate sound devise to get good audio.

Rome

I got a Beats Pill not too long ago and I listen to it quite a bit.  It puts out some decent sound considering its size.  Not great or mind-bending but good.  I listen to First Wave on SiriusXM pretty much all day long with Lithium mixed in for good measure   

smeags

yeah I have a couple of lil speaker boxes. the echo is that plus all the services you get from alexa. seems like a nice lil gadget.

ice grillin you

if you make a list of best singers ever how deep into it do you have to get to hit the first white person

or whats the o/u...more than 50 right?

Sgt PSN

I can't imagine there are many lists out there that don't have Elvis ranked top 5.

I'm not really an Elvis fan or anything, but I suspect I'm like most people and like a few of his songs. But when you strip away all the fluff that surrounds him, that dude could flat out sing. Any song, any genre. Rock, Pop, Country, Soul, Blues, Gospel, Boring White Jesus Songs....motherfarging nursery rhymes...Elvis could sing the farg out of it.

I'd also have to say that any seriously credible list would probably have the likes of David Bowie, Freddy Mercury, Elton John, Celine Dion, Adele, or Janis Joplin well within their top 50.  And I'm sure there's plenty more that could be added.

So yeah, lots of really good white singers out there.

smeags

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 09, 2018, 12:40:57 PM
I can't imagine there are many lists out there that don't have Elvis ranked top 5.

I'm not really an Elvis fan or anything, but I suspect I'm like most people and like a few of his songs. But when you strip away all the fluff that surrounds him, that dude could flat out sing. Any song, any genre. Rock, Pop, Country, Soul, Blues, Gospel, Boring White Jesus Songs....motherfarging nursery rhymes...Elvis could sing the farg out of it.

I'd also have to say that any seriously credible list would probably have the likes of David Bowie, Freddy Mercury, Elton John, Celine Dion, Adele, or Janis Joplin well within their top 50.  And I'm sure there's plenty more that could be added.

So yeah, lots of really good white singers out there.

thankyaverramuch