The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Keith Russell is coming back to Philly.  He's joining FOX29, replacing Colleen Wolfe, who is leaving for NFL Network

PhillyPhreak54

How long until she leaves Gonzo for some ex NFL player?

ice grillin you

lil guy is it possible to live somewhere in the US that doesn't have a "home team"...like does the fox station in Missoula show whatever the best nfc games are each week or would the Vikings or someone be shown every week

and if there isn't always a home team could Albany ny actually be one of these cities?....someone is telling me they don't have the giants on every week and they also are telling me Burlington Vermont cbs doesn't have the patriots every week
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

yes, but certain teams are popular in certain areas and are generally always shown

for example, in texas, where i lived, there was no direct tie in to the texans or cowboys. territoriality neither team had a claim to the area, but they were the 2 most popular teams and were always shown.

in baseball hockey hoops, every centimeter of the country is claimed as some kind of territory for a team. some areas have like 5 teams claiming them. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the nfl has a mileage rule right...within x amount of miles of a city makes it your home team and you get all 16?...except of course when you are with that distance from two cities

MDS

i think it goes by market....like philadelphia for example would be the home market and they are required to pick up all 16 eagles games. then there are secondary markets, which are required to pick up road games. im not sure how secondary markets are decided, but it might be miles.

things can get problematic in a place like york, which has steelers, ravens, eagles and racists fans and its basically even.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 28, 2014, 08:38:22 PM
and if there isn't always a home team could Albany ny actually be one of these cities?....someone is telling me they don't have the giants on every week and they also are telling me Burlington Vermont cbs doesn't have the patriots every week

I think Albany was made a secondary market for the Giants a few years ago, which means it should have all the games. It's heavy Giants territory. Otherwise it's up to the station itself. I was just up in Lake Placid last week and I think even that far up, it's still mostly Giants fans. In fact, that might actually be the Burlington/Plattsburgh TV market. I'm sure stations in Burlington are far enough out that they get to pick what games to show. If it's an important Giants game versus a meaningless Patriots game, they might go with the Giants.

Sgt PSN

Alaska. I think that's the word you've all been looking for.

ice grillin you

the new host of nfl AM on nfl network is hot as farg

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

im not sure I just caught the end of it

MDS

the nba finals and world series both averaged about 15 million viewers last year

cardinals/chargers...a regular season game on cable, with a 1020 east coast start featuring two of the more irrelevant teams in the league....11.5 million

Diomedes

how do you always know this crap?

you follow a ratings site or something?

Really doof, you should be in teevee, not papers.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

im actually not in either

and twitter

Diomedes

Whatever you're in, I pity him.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger