The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

I'm actually going to defend Missanelli here...

1.  He was obviously being baited by this guy.

2.  Basically Mike was insinuating that the guy has a crush or some other infatuation with him, which after 1 month of emails, leads me to beleive the same thing. Dude is obsessed with Missanelli for some reason.

3.  He never used derogatory slurs, just said the guy was a homosexual/had homosexual tendencies.

Was he too repetitive in saying the guy is gay?  Sure. But if he's going to be suspended, it should be for pure stupidity in continuing to exchange emails with that guy, not for being a homophobe or using gay slurs.

Seabiscuit36

Eh, its one thing to respond once to the guy with "You must be a homo", but to do it repeated over a few months.  "Not that bright bro" 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

He's an idiot for engaging in a verbal argument with a listener via email.

BigEd76

CBS/NFLN gets the Thursday package for 2014, which also includes 2 Saturday games late in the season.  Nantz/Simms for all 16 games, NFL Network and CBS Sports NFL guys doing the pregame, halftime and postgame together, CBS (w/ NFLN simulcast) getting the first 8 weeks then NFLN the next 8 exclusively (6 Thursdays, 2 Saturdays)

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 05, 2014, 12:01:58 PM
Sure. But if he's going to be suspended, it should be for pure stupidity in continuing to exchange emails with that guy, not for being a homophobe or using gay slurs.

or how about for being an unfunny douche who doesnt know the difference btwn your and youre....its not like he flew off the handle during a spur of the moment one time rant....these were repeated emails over a long period of time that he had as much time as he wanted to ponder and formulate a response (or as sd said to not respond at all) and that shtein is the best he could come up with?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 05, 2014, 12:40:10 PM
CBS/NFLN gets the Thursday package for 2014, which also includes 2 Saturday games late in the season.  Nantz/Simms for all 16 games, NFL Network and CBS Sports NFL guys doing the pregame, halftime and postgame together, CBS (w/ NFLN simulcast) getting the first 8 weeks then NFLN the next 8 exclusively (6 Thursdays, 2 Saturdays)

barf....Simms/Nantz and fourteen thousand shots of Bob Kraft. Even in a Browns/Raiders game they'll figure out how to get Nantz and Les Moonves' homeboy in the convo

ice grillin you

i like nantz and simms enough but id rather still have mayock...he is awesome...not that i watched it but the best part of this is getting rid of nfln's atrocious pre and post game team...

just overall cbs has a way better production than nfln

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2014, 12:47:02 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 05, 2014, 12:01:58 PM
Sure. But if he's going to be suspended, it should be for pure stupidity in continuing to exchange emails with that guy, not for being a homophobe or using gay slurs.

or how about for being an unfunny douche who doesnt know the difference btwn your and youre....its not like he flew off the handle during a spur of the moment one time rant....these were repeated emails over a long period of time that he had as much time as he wanted to ponder and formulate a response (or as sd said to not respond at all) and that shtein is the best he could come up with?

Yeah, he's pretty lousy at insults. Especially considering that email doesn't require immediate wit. They both basically said the same thing over and over again.

ice grillin you

also a BIG welcome back to saturday regular season games....lets get the birds on one of those

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2014, 12:52:54 PM
i like nantz and simms enough but id rather still have mayock...he is awesome...not that i watched it but the best part of this is getting rid of nfln's atrocious pre and post game team...

sorry skipper

part of the deal is nantz and simms do the games, but the pre/halftime/post shows are all nfln people.

its 14 thursdays and 2 saturdays, the last 2 of the regular season. unfortunately its just one night game but thats better than 0. i remember in the old days they used to have saturday double or triple headers when cfb ended.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I like Brad Nessler and Mayock.  Let's just hope we get some better matchups.  Thursday night games have been awful for a some time.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Thu night matchups are horrible because anyone who wants to watch football on thursday is getting what they deserve.

MDS

they will most certainly be better for cbs. in fact they could easily get 8 very good matchups that otherwise would have been on cbs (any game hosted by an afc team). i doubt they will get a good fox game (packers vs. bears for example).
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I am happy about the Saturday games

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on February 05, 2014, 02:00:16 PM

I like Brad Nessler and Mayock.  Let's just hope we get some better matchups.  Thursday night games have been awful for a some time.

i like nessler but hes a cfb guy...he doesnt fit at the nfl level