The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on January 22, 2014, 10:27:48 AM
they are trying to do this whole young thing where the guys try to be hip and whatever and it's awful.

also this im sure is a byproduct of the espn machine...its exactly how they try and mike their national guys...greenberg is an obvious example but a ton of them are like that...espn in ny is also like this whereas the fan is like wip
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

ESPN has zero to do with the hosts at 97.5. Aside from their morning show there's zero influence on how the stations run. ESPN affiliation is basically an after thought and the station has looked into scrapping them altogether and going with a local morning show.

Munson

Yeah I don't see ESPN hiring guys like Marks and Brace :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

listen to music you neanderthals
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

sherm merking skip bayless

https://www.youtube.com/v/j6x-O3kb1sI

Seabiscuit36

He seemed really nervous, or he needs to slam some gatorade before going on tv.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

I think I was one of the 4 people who saw that live and I thought Sherm looked pretty foolish. He might be a smart dude, but he wasn't ready for that. Probably should have done more film study on Skip before stepping in front of the camera.

ice grillin you

he absolutely destroyed skip.....basically called him out for exactly what he is and didnt do it with any humor or bombast whatsoever which is exactly what skip and espn want on that show....the look on stephen a's face is priceless....hes like uh oh this isnt going how we wanted

other players have gone at skip but not with the pure hate sherm did...its always someone like terrell suggs ripping skip in a playful manner and then skip callling him t sizzle ect

sherm basically spoke perfectly on point and did it in a way every skip bayless hater in the world wish they could

Sgt PSN

He tripped over his tongue too much and had a hard time getting his thoughts out there. Good intention, terrible execution.

Rome

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

The biggest thing to take away from this is Sarge watches First Take and Skip Bayless

ice grillin you

i wont go out of my way to watch it but if im home and chillin on the couch im always turning it on

Sgt PSN

Lol. Very rarely. I will so though, the new chick hosting the show is nice to look at. Not sure exactly when she started, but she's way better than that ogre Dana Jacobson.

MDS

the people who watch FT are black and unemployed so they put some eye candy on there for them

rob parker wanted to bring a barber shop show to espn and it was gonna happen before he called rg3 cornball brother. skip is the perfect foil for uneducated minorities to catch feelings about...loud, obnoxious, self righteous white man. hes the perfectly cast "dude who says stupid shtein on tv" they can yell at.

of course to counter you have stupid white people who love him. basically, your IQ must be low to enjoy first take. and by golly, america's got a lot of them folks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.