The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

http://articles.philly.com/2013-10-19/news/43180979_1_sports-content-regional-sports-networks-sports-market

Just saw this on CB, but its a great lawsuit from a consumer perspective.  Basically calling a spade a spade with CSN and Philly teams. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Nuisance suit.    Nice idea, though.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

the pulse of the city, indeed
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 21, 2014, 03:10:02 PM
the pulse of the city, indeed

no way dood mike and mike are the pulse of the city...espn foeva!!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

My local sports radio station is pretty horrible. Probably 90% of the day is the ESPN national guys...Mike&Mike, Cowherd, SVP, Lebatard during the day. On Monday they cut Lebatard short and some local schmuck has a 1 hr show. They do the same thing on Thur, but with a different local schmuck. All either of these guys talk about is Penn St, Bucknell, Bloomsburg and a few dozen local HS.  They also talk racing and sprinkle in a little NFL/MLB talk. No NBA at all. 

Friday nights they broadcast a HS sporting event...football, baseball, soccer, basketball, whatever. You haven't lived until you've heard girls hoops on the radio.

After like 9 or 10 pm they just broadcast E60 reports....except they only do the same 2 reports every night for a week.

I really need to update my car stereo and get a Bluetooth unit so I can sync my phone and listen to the Fanatic app, or dare I say, even WIP.  Anything would be better than what I've got right now.

And yeah...WIP acted like some hoyda by packing up shop.

Munson

Fanatic is way better. I'll listen to Mike&Mike over that tool Angelo any day. And all the afternoon guys are decent.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 21, 2014, 04:00:04 PM
My local sports radio station is pretty horrible. Probably 90% of the day is the ESPN national guys...Mike&Mike, Cowherd, SVP, Lebatard during the day. On Monday they cut Lebatard short and some local schmuck has a 1 hr show. They do the same thing on Thur, but with a different local schmuck. All either of these guys talk about is Penn St, Bucknell, Bloomsburg and a few dozen local HS.  They also talk racing and sprinkle in a little NFL/MLB talk. No NBA at all. 

Friday nights they broadcast a HS sporting event...football, baseball, soccer, basketball, whatever. You haven't lived until you've heard girls hoops on the radio.

After like 9 or 10 pm they just broadcast E60 reports....except they only do the same 2 reports every night for a week.

I really need to update my car stereo and get a Bluetooth unit so I can sync my phone and listen to the Fanatic app, or dare I say, even WIP.  Anything would be better than what I've got right now.

espn serves its purpose in MA and i understand it there....but it has no business being in the best sports city in the world....wip IS part of the fabric of the city....some fly by night espn affiliate is not

ice grillin you

YES

QuoteMichelle Beadle is heading back to ESPN.

SI.com has learned the NBC Sports host and Access Hollywood correspondent will return to the network where she enjoyed success as the co-host of SportsNation. Beadle left ESPN for NBC in May 2012 and did so on exceptionally good terms, a clear prelude to her returning now. ESPN president John Skipper is a huge fan of her work, and she's championed both in-house and externally by Jamie Horowitz (who co-created SportsNation and helms Keith Olbermann's ESPN2 show) and Kevin Wildes (the co-creator of SportsNation). Look for Beadle to ultimately host or co-host a New York-based show with another ESPN talent at some point. There is a chance she could appear on SportsNation initially as well, though no ESPN start date is set yet. Beadle can officially leave NBC Sports in early March, according to a source.

Reached on Tuesday afternoon by SI.com, an NBC Sports spokesperson declined comment. An ESPN spokesperson also declined comment.

ice grillin you

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 21, 2014, 05:38:36 PM
espn serves its purpose in MA and i understand it there....but it has no business being in the best sports city in the world....wip IS part of the fabric of the city....some fly by night espn affiliate is not

the ratings prove as much
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

im suprised wip gets better ratings....there are so many sheep that will simply follow espn because of the brand that i assumed it would have taken over wip by now...stand strong 215

SunMo

missanelli is the only show on 97.5 that i used to listen to but more because i couldn't stand Howard.  now that gargano is in that slot i only listen to wip.  the talent on 97.5 is putrid.  they are trying to do this whole young thing where the guys try to be hip and whatever and it's awful. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

yeah their talent must just be atrocious....i dont know how much its changed since its inception but i tried it a few times back then and it was laughably unlistenable....and i used to love missanelli back in the day but he was such a clown on that station when id tune in...

i also dont need to hear espn related shtein on local radio....whether its an actual show a commercial pimping them or one of their 20/20 sportcenters....i dont even hate espn like a lot of people do but when i wanna watch them i have more than enough tv time to do so...i dont want them backing my local sports station