The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: Rome on December 16, 2013, 06:49:39 PM
It's not a place you want to go unless you're a glutton for punishment or you're a miserable farg who gets off listening to mouth-breathing jackasses with double digit IQ's bitch about the same things over and over.

so it is just like CF
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

official.....

Veteran radio voice Glen Macnow, who left his afternoon gig alongside Anthony Gargano earlier this month in a contract dispute, reached an agreement that will keep him at WIP, station-owner CBS Radio announced today.

According to a WIP release, Macnow will continue to host his long-running Saturday midday show with Ray Didinger, and will appear on other CBS-owned area stations.

The release did not mention a return to his weekday afternoon spot with Gargano and industry sources told philly.com that Gargano will instead partner with Rob Eillis, with that announcement expected soon.

"I'm pleased we have reached an agreement with Glen that supports his relationship with WIP, and also allows us to increase his presence within the CBS RADIO Philly family of stations," said Marc Rayfield, Senior Vice President and Market Manager for CBS RADIO Philadelphia. "Being able to use his expertise across more of our platforms is a real win for our stations, the listeners and Philadelphia's passionate sports fan base."

Beginning in January 2014, Macnow will be heard on KYW Newsradio 1060's afternoon broadcast of the "Reporter's Roundup," and, during football season, with Harry Donahue on the station's morning show.

He'll also be featured during the pre- and post-game Phillies shows on WPHT and will contribute to CBSPhilly.com.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Josh Innes is getting hired on too...he's on Houston radio now.

He sucks.

PhillyPhreak54

So I am fully expecting Innes to last less than six months at WIP. I don't think this clown is cut out for a hardcore sports city like Philadelphia. The natives down here are elated that he's leaving.

ice grillin you

isnt he going to be on nights?

a monkey could last a couple years in that time slot since like 5 people listen

PhillyPhreak54

I thought he's getting 6-10 shift...but either way he's awful. I'd rather listen to Rhea and Angelo farg than this dude try to talk sports.

STL Cards fan from Louisiana

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 22, 2013, 11:11:19 AM
STL Cards fan from Louisiana

yeah this is awful and why he wont last......cbs needs to recognize their markets

PhillyPhreak54

Not to mention he talks about many things other than sports....think a younger more vulgar big daddy graham

QB Eagles

Meh. I did like this though:

Quote5. No longer in Philadelphia: Andy Reid, Andrew Bynum, Nnamdi Asomugha,  Ilya Bryzgalov, Jason Babin, Juan Castillo, Jim Washburn, Delmon Young, Kwame Brown.

ice grillin you

The worst:

1. The Eagles retiring Donovan McNabb's number

clear number one

SD

Quote1. That Flyers line brawl, in which Ray Emery skated the length of the ice in order to deck the Capitals' goalie, hereby kicking off one of the best weeks in Philadelphia sports history. Emery should never have to buy a drink in this town again.

This was a complete embarrassment to the franchise and the fan base. It was awkward as hell considering the other goalie had no interest in fighting Emery. Only an idiot would think that was a good moment.

Rome

You guys realize that's 100% sarcasm, right?

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah it's a parody account bro

SD

Didn't make it past the first one but I could see some douchebag flyers fan thinking that was an incredible moment.