The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

No, I get all the Eagles games on local channels, but I live in the sticks and can't get cable. It's either the dish or rabbit ears.

ice grillin you

oh wow....maybe rabbit ears on top of the dish would get you some extra channels
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 13, 2013, 11:52:22 PM
Could Apple, Google, or Netflix step in and change the sports rights game completely?

Everyone in the world wants this to happen except for DirecTV, which would be dead without the ticket. I'd be willing to pay at least twice what I shell out for MLB.tv for this. But DTV is so desperate they toss billions of dollars at the NFL, and the NFL is way too conservative to pass up that level of money for the risks of a direct subscription model. [They'd probably need to renegotiate with the networks to make that happen, also.] My opinion of Goodell would reverse quite a bit if he found a way to make this shtein work. Not holding my breath.

SD

I loved the Sunday ticket when I had it and would happily pay $300 if Comcast made it available...but the redzone channel is a an awesome and cheaper alternative.

Geowhizzer

Had Sunday Ticket from 1998 through 2011.  Got rid of DirecTV last year (cost and unreliability when the near-daily Florida thunderstorms hit from May through October) and did the Sunday Ticket through PS3.  Even if the Ticket was available through the PS3 this year I wasn't doing it, because our connection absolutely sucked.  It just wasn't worth $300 - honestly, the "European" feeds I have been using on and off have been better than what I could get through the PS3 last year.

Still do MLB and NHL through the computer and the PS3.  Feed is a bit choppy on the PS3 from time to time, but livable.

Did buy the RedZone through CenturyLink this year.  It's ok.

ice grillin you

so what do you do geo....go to a bar when the eagles arent on down there

MDS

unless you live in a market that consistently gets screwed (like bay area, nyc) sunday ticket isnt worth it for the eagles

about half the games, if not more, are going to be available on national tv. youll get a few others based on dumb luck. you basically need it for 4-5 games a year. and for that you go to a bar, or if youre cheap and shtein, simply get a stream.

this is a jew talking dont question me on cost efficiency. i ran the math. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 14, 2013, 02:52:35 PM
so what do you do geo....go to a bar when the eagles arent on down there

Usually just find a stream.  I'm usually catching up on lesson planning on Sunday afternoon anyway, so I use the other screen on my computer for the Eagles and have the RedZone on my television.

PhillyPhreak54

The Clarett 30-For-30 is pretty good so far

hbionic

I'm listening to WIP for the first time in my life...never thought of doing it before. It's literally like they're reading the posts off of here. My head is going to blow up. Anyway, it will be nice to listen to the actual players.

Next up for me, I heard you can buy things online direct from retailers. I don't believe it, but I'll give it a shot.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

Update: I want to shoot myself just as badly as listening to the callers as I do with the callers over here. Is there a program where there are no callers? Callers are idiots.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

callers are awesome entertainment.....but wip is definitely not a place you wanna go if you are a homer...especially the day after a hideous loss

Rome

It's not a place you want to go unless you're a glutton for punishment or you're a miserable farg who gets off listening to mouth-breathing jackasses with double digit IQ's bitch about the same things over and over.

PhillyPhreak54

"Next up is Tony from Fishtown"

"Yeah when the hell are we gonna get a big back? Shady isn't that guy and we haven't had a bruiser since Heath Sherman. I mean the guy couldn't even get a half a frickin yard yesterday! Maybe Chip should take that Texas job!"

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 16, 2013, 06:52:29 PM
"Next up is Tony from Fishtown"

"Yeah when the hell are we gonna get a big back? Shady isn't that guy and we haven't had a bruiser since Heath Sherman. I mean the guy couldn't even get a half a frickin yard yesterday! Maybe Chip should take that Texas job!"
This is why @FakeWIPCaller is great on twitter
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons