The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Cuz is awful Ha-Ha..Ha Haaaa.  ha Haaa. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

That whole station is awful.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

It really is.  On the flip side Mikey Miss had a good show, but he's gone the Eskin route for the past year.  All in all, Philly Sports Radio is in a bad spot. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

its the same as it ever was, you're just older and more wise to the bullshtein. 

mikey miss was great when he started but sucks now.  wip afternoon show is the only one i really listen to anymore because i like gargano, but i can see why people don't.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

I don't mind Mikey Miss. I don't really know what he's doing any different these days that he didn't do before. He's always been an overconfident prick as far as I can remember.

The Marks/Brace show is pretty decent.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

cuz is a phony

first off i am calling him cuz which is the problem. hes a fat italian guy from south jersey but he tries to act like he grew up in the mob in south philly.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

It's probably because I've been out of the area too long, but I have no idea who "Cuz" is.

PhillyPhreak54

"Yo Ant - its Jim from South Philly"

"Jimmmmaaayyyy - whats up brutha?"

"I'm taking my sons down to their first game"

"Awwwwww Jimmy awwww that's great cuz. That's beyoootiful"

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 10, 2013, 03:16:43 PM
"Yo Ant - its Jim from South Philly"

"Jimmmmaaayyyy - whats up brutha?"

"I'm taking my sons down to their first game"

"Awwwwww Jimmy awwww that's great cuz. That's beyoootiful"

lol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

I like missanelli the best still.  Arrogant prick, sure, but he's entertaining to listen to and hasn't gotten to eskin territory for me.

Munson

Yeah he's an arrogant prick, but he also has fun with it and can laugh at himself.

Also admits when he's wrong once in a while.

Rome

I get my fill of arrogant douchebaggery right here.  No need for WIP.

PhillyPhreak54

I haven't listened to Mike Miss but from following him on twitter it seems as if he hates Foles

BTW - the NFL Net special tonight is the Houston '93 one...looks awesome.

Havas can work one out to Buddy lighting Gilbride up

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 10, 2013, 05:59:22 PM
I haven't listened to Mike Miss but from following him on twitter it seems as if he hates Foles

BTW - the NFL Net special tonight is the Houston '93 one...looks awesome.

Havas can work one out to Buddy lighting Gilbride up

Early on he just felt the christening of him as a franchise guy was silly. Lately he's been saying at this point he has more than earned his chance to prove it, I think.

Eagles_Legendz

he's said foles is the guy if they win the division but would have to be re-evaluated if they didn't.