The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

that sucks, i don't want to see clark on CSN at all
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

BigEd76

Munson

So ESPN is doing the Fan Hall of Fame (again?? this was around before, right?)...my uncle is one of 10 finalists this year
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Tonight's A Football Life about the Dallas OL was pretty good

Next week is "Houston '93" and looks really good

BigEd76

NOMAR is going to SportsNet LA to be a Dodgers color commentator and pre/postgame guy, and the station is trying to hire Hershiser to be the PBP guy

MDS

they are setting up for life after vin, which makes me so sad
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Haven't listened to the junkies in years but they always do this with some kind of politician...was usually the MD governor, Ehrlich and O'Malley both did it for years. I'm going to listen tomorrow though because I love this guy.

Seabiscuit36

I can't stand the sports junkies, but the name alone means Mayor Ford should be in the HOF

hbionic

Quote from: MDS on December 04, 2013, 03:03:25 AM
they are setting up for life after vin, which makes me so sad

I try not to think about it. It feels like a dying parent who has a limited time left on this planet. Every word is precious.

*Other than the Rick Monday/Charlie Steiner broadcast (sans Jaime Jarrin in Spanish)...all other commentators/analysts/radio personalities suck major ass for the Dodgers.

Lyons can go the way of Paul Walker.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Don Ho

Lyons is such a colossal douche.  Dodgers have had some great broadcasters.  Vin(God), Don Drysdale, Jerry Doggett, Monday, Ross Porter.  Rick Monday was terrific as was Drysdale.  As a kid growing up here, all we had was Dodgers baseball on the radio.  It was like Christmas every time the bums played LA and listening to Scully call the game.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.