The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

WIP had Conlin's lawyer on and it was very interesting that when angelo asked the lawyer if conlin had professed his outright innocence the lawyer said that he would not divulge any conversations they have had.  wouldn't you think that if conlin did tell him he was innocent without a doubt that he would say that?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Mother of the century candidate here:
QuoteBut she continued to allow her daughter Karen to spend time with Conlin's younger son, Peter. "I thought he was just interested in boys," she said of Conlin.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20111221_Another_woman_comes_forward_over_abuse_by_Bill_Conlin.html?cmpid=125219969

QuoteThe woman spoke out Wednesday as the sports-oriented website Deadspin published an e-mail exchange between Conlin and Deadspin reporter A.J. Daulerio in which Conlin fretted about a then-expected story in The Inquirer that would report the stories of abuse. He contacted Daulerio, who had written a favorable story about him for Philadelphia Magazine, on Monday, less than a half-hour after an Inquirer reporter called him at his Florida condominium for comment on the allegations that he had abused children.

In e-mail messages to Daulerio, Conlin derided his accusers as "late middle-aged women" who decided it was "Sandusky time," a reference to former Pennsylvania State University coach Jerry Sandusky, who is charged with sexually abusing boys.

"I'm a lot bigger to the Daily News than Sandusky ever was to Penn State," he wrote. And yet, Daulerio wrote, Conlin feared the loss of his career.

"They can toss my good name out there while alleging a crime that was never charged?" Conlin wrote. "F- that."

Nowhere in the e-mail exchange did Conlin deny that any abuse occurred.

Conlin told Daulerio, who described himself as a longtime admirer of Conlin's, that he hoped to explain himself to Deadspin's "huge audience" but wanted first to see if "they [The Inquirer] name names. I'm sure the accusers were promised anonymity." In the story, three of the accusers, including Conlin's niece, were named.

After hanging up on an Inquirer reporter, Conlin, 77, said via e-mail, "My attorney will be in touch. . . . I've been doing this 51 years. My attorney will do my talking."

When he spoke to Daulerio, the reporter wrote, Conlin was "angry, funny, discursive - but he was also obviously scared."

"He talked about suicide," Daulerio wrote, "and I'm still not sure if he was joking." Conlin had written, "I'm at my condo at Shipwatch in Largo, hanging out with the fishes I might opt to sleep with if this sees the light of day."

Daulerio said Conlin told him he worried that if the allegations were made public, his family - particularly his grandchildren - would suffer. He said he believed the accusations were being made in part because of what he described as a "decades-old family vendetta."

MDS

fingering 12 year olds = old family bs that should be private

yup
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20111222_Years_of_silent_fear__6th_woman_acuses_Conlin.html?cmpid=125219969

QuoteLINDA STELLA said that she was just a girl when Bill Conlin pulled her onto his lap and began "flexing his leg muscles" during a family birthday party at his house in South Jersey. She leaped off his lap and looked back. She felt confused when she saw the wet spot at the crotch of his white pants.

"I was a kid, I didn't know what it really was," Stella told the Daily News last night. "It looked like he had peed in his pants."

Stella, who was friends with Conlin's daughter at the time, said that she tried to avoid Conlin after that. But later, the burly former Daily News sports columnist, in two separate incidents, grabbed her by the arm, pulled her into his bedroom, forced her onto his bed and fondled her breasts and genitals, she said.

phattymatty

i didn't even know it was possible to dry hump jizz your pants after like 15 or 16.

Munson

And no one else at the party noticed the jizz spot on his white pants? Or was this sort of thing just accepted in the 70s?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

i find that story highly suspicious...he had a big cum stain on his pants in the middle of a birthday party?

and if a little girl didnt know what had happened why would she have avoided him after that....i mean uncle bill went wee wee in his pants...big deal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

charlie

Quote from: Munson on December 22, 2011, 12:37:42 PM
And no one else at the party noticed the jizz spot on his white pants? Or was this sort of thing just accepted in the 70s?

fat ass sports writers always have random stains all over themselves.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on December 22, 2011, 12:30:16 PM
i didn't even know it was possible to dry hump jizz your pants after like 15 or 16.

A buddy of mine did that while at a stripclub...went back into the VIP and came out with a big jizz spot on his pants.

DH

so clearly the bitch didnt finish the job

PhillyPhreak54

She emptied his wallet - so I guess she did her job. Every time we all get together we make fun of him for that

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 22, 2011, 03:25:15 PM
She emptied his wallet - so I guess she did her job.

i think hes talkin about the girl in the conlin story
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous