The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

it really didnt have a chance to go the other way because hes so awesome at everything he does but damn is michael barkann great on the radio....and he has elevates ikes radio game tremendously
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 04, 2011, 12:06:32 PM
it really didnt have a chance to go the other way because hes so awesome at everything he does but damn is michael barkann great on the radio....and he has elevates ikes radio game tremendously

When I was at the Fanatic I mentioned hiring Barkann to do a morning show to the Executive Producer and he blew me off. I think they missed the boat on that one.

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

yes

his radio show is only 10-1

SunMo

yeah, i actually thought it would be bad, but it's really good.  Ike went from unlistenable to a very good partner on that show
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 04, 2011, 12:23:57 PM
Does he still do DNL on CSN?

Barkann is the central face of Philly sports. Whenever something big happens he's the go to guy.

Munson

I always thought he could be a little douchey from time to time, but overall is still very good. The way he handled the DNL the day Harry died was probably the best anyone could have done.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seabiscuit36

ESPNU being dedicated to the "Penn State Special" is crazy.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Thursday's Ravens victory over the 49ers was the most-watched Thanksgiving cable TV game ever and the most-watched game in the eight-year history of the NFL Network.

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hank Goldberg needs to be put to pasture. He talks like he's mid-stroke.

BigEd76

so ESPN dedicated an entire SportsCenter to Tebow today, and they got busted for not having live shots of Jacksonville during MNF the other night.  Besides using old MNF footage, they also showed Carolina's stadium instead

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think they did Jacksonville a favor, personally.

MDS

no joke the mnf sked this year may be the worst in history

seattle/st louis next week is an all timer low
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.