The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

i still find it hilarious that his name is bartman

PhillyPhreak54

When you say "they" igy, do you mean the filmmakers? They did mention it was in the 8th with one out.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 28, 2011, 09:27:27 AM
When you say "they" igy, do you mean the filmmakers? They did mention it was in the 8th with one out.

everyone

in the documentarey they mention one out in the context of setting up the situation....but they never mention it in the context of how much it renders bartmans interference less meaningful

for example during the buckner part of the doc they mention how to this day there are some people who think the mets won the worlds series that night or that some people think the red sox were winning when the ball went thru his legs

but in the case of bartman they never mention things like well it wasnt even the 9th inning much less that it wasnt even two outs in the 8th....and they act as tho the next pitch was hit for a home run...in fact they didnt drive in a run until a batter later...and that run didnt win the game for them or even tie the game for them...it simply made it 3-2

the whole thing is mad overblown because of the stupid farging cubs and their patheticness

jeffery maier was 100 times more impactful than bartman
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

no one cares about maier

if its other way around (orioles beat yanks) it becomes the worst thing ever

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

king reporting from novacare that les bowen slugged jeff mcclain in the side of the head in the media room

Rome

If Alou hadn't reacted like a bitch the aftermath of that play would have been far less intense.

Fact is the Cubs could have overcome it and didn't but rather than support a fan who did what anyone else would have they threw him to the wolves.

farg the Cubs and their godawful fans.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 28, 2011, 01:49:02 PM
king reporting from novacare that les bowen slugged jeff mcclain in the side of the head in the media room

I'm listening to WIP but missed the details....what happened?!

lololol

BigEd76

McLane on Twitter the other day:

Quote@LesBowen Right. I made it up. How about if Vick starts Sunday you have to say on Daily News Live, "I'm an old hack that hasn't broken a ...

"... story in years, needs my editor to keep my blog fresh, and missed Vick on Monday because I was cluelessly tapping away on my ...

"... computer and had to steal quotes from hard-working reporters who have a clue." If Vick doesn't start I'll eat my pencil. Sound good?

Munson

Well he's the guy that assured me yesterday and today taht Vick was going to start for my fantasy team, so I choose him!
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 28, 2011, 01:53:30 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 28, 2011, 01:49:02 PM

I'm listening to WIP but missed the details....what happened?!

lololol

had a twitter battle yesterday....started yelling at each other in the media room today...then les punch him...funniest part is that it was in the side of the head not the face

MDS

jesus christ when will these people ever learn

the publisher of our sister paper got a dui 2 nights ago and is on administrative leave. hes going to get fired. that quick, you embarrass everyone and youre finished.

we're not supposed to be the farging story. you got a problem with someone else you dont play it out for everyone to see. it makes you look enormously bad and detracts from what youre covering.

but hes right bowen is a hack
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

lol at "we"

it's almost as bad as when fans do it for their teams
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on September 28, 2011, 02:23:44 PM
lol at "we"

it's almost as bad as when fans do it for their teams

except in this case it would be like a fan of the eagles saying "we" when referring to the giants

MDS

i guess im not really in the profession so i should say they

apologies all around