The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Quote from: Munson on April 18, 2011, 03:01:33 PMPhilly fans are smart and they don't boo just to boo (well, most of the time)

I don't understand why they booed Doobs during both ABs this weekend

MDS

because he sucked the last 2 years and nobody at the game remembers when he was good in 08.

also if i was at the game i wouldnt have given a shtein about dobbs. its greg dobbs. who cares.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

he was really really good in 2008 but its amazing how matt stairs one swing against the dodgers basically made it like dobbs wasnt even on that team

btw dobbs is hitting over .400 this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

pinch hitters are like middle of the pack relief pitchers

some years they have it and some years they cant get a high school kid out

for example, most likely ross gload will blow this year
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 18, 2011, 04:09:32 PM
he was really really good in 2008 but its amazing how matt stairs one swing against the dodgers basically made it like dobbs wasnt

Yes he was.....was very productive as a pinch hitter all year and was an adequate sub to give Feliz a day off or shag some balls in the of.  But yeah, I think Stairs launching one into the middle of the night in LA is easily the 2nd most remembered/talked about moment of that entire post season.  Lidge striking out Hinske is obviously #1. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

ice grillin you

thats horrible news....hes a basketball guy and fox doesnt have basketball....hes not a good football announcer

Don Ho

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 06, 2011, 10:02:31 AM
I'm sure you all agree with this list of the top ten greatest calls of all time without debate, right?

No doubt.  "Down goes Frazier" is one of my all time favorites.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 10, 2011, 01:38:57 PMhes not a good football announcer

He's better than Pitts and has 1000% more life in him than Stockton or Rosen, so it's an upgrade for FOX.  I guess he'll get the "C" games unless they're planning to split up Albert/Moose/Goose (probably not)...

ice grillin you

the fact that he no longer will do basketball far outweighs any nominal improvment over some 3rd string announcer on fox

charlie

Unless you don't care about basketball announcers.