The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: FastFreddie on December 02, 2010, 09:28:37 AM
New ESPN Sunday Night Baseball team: Dan Shulman, Orel Hershiser and Bobby Valentine

Shulman  :yay
Hershiser :yay
Valentine  :boo :boo :boo

Sutcliffe would be much better. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

Besides being a Jew and a Temple alumnus, I think he's also sick.

Seabiscuit36

Cancer, he was in remission, but last time i saw him he looked really bad. 

Holy farg Theisman was bad last night, guy made a career out of a bone breaking.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

no more Vai and Gonzo show.  Not sure if they just found out or what, weird ending of the show
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

Gonzo and Vai breaking up
Friday was the finale for the 97.5 the Fanatic show hosted by NBC10's Vai Sikahema and The Inquirer's John Gonzalez.

Fanatic program director Matt Nahigian says the two were just too busy.

He said he was talking to them about other shows, but not together.

Sal Paolantonio and Harry Mays will work the 10 a.m.-to-noon shift this month, "hammering football," Nahigian said.

sucks for SD
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

charlie

That show was unlistenable anyway, farg em both.

SD

Vai & Gonzo weren't pulling in the ratings (bottom line). Been hearing the rumblings over the past month, but didn't know today was the last show until 5 minutes before they announced it. Supposedly Sal Pal rates extremely well. I'm done interning there in a few weeks. I'd like to get involved with radio but you have to work your way up from intern, to low level producer, to producer, to host etc. I just don't have the time or money to invest in working my way up the ladder.

ice grillin you

is there a more unfunny douche than gonzo
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

PhillyPhreak54

I wonder what stories Sal Pal will make up on air?

MDS

Yes yes hello justin. What do you want
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Phil Jasner passed away tonight from cancer. He was in a hospice.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen