The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

btw for all you droiders.  Go to the marketplace, just enter "97.5 Fanatic" and you get live streaming for free.  just enable the background player so you can do normal crap on your phone and listen to the show. 

SD, whats the deal with Bruno and Mikey Miss, is this a buildup or real?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on September 24, 2010, 11:17:00 PM
so this is your work atmosphere SD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCrqU0HJVww&feature=related

There's a lot of goofy shtein going on there, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on September 27, 2010, 12:23:19 PM

It's real. They took little jabs at each other now every crossover is them bickering. I missed today but I'm assuming it was the same as last week. Bruno will be here in October to air live from the studio so the sparks could really fly then. I personally like Bruno's goofy gimmicks and sense of humor but it's hilarious when Miss rips on him about it.

charlie

Missinelli is an ok enough radio host, but it is so blatantly obvious that he doesn't even bother to watch most sports, he's constantly overmatched and has gotten to the point where he goes all "eskin" on his callers and wont even let them make a point, or just entirely ignores the caller.

Bruno can talk sports circles around him, he actually pays attention to games.

Diomedes

Quote from: SD on September 27, 2010, 02:41:55 PMThere's a lot of goofy shtein going on there, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

That could be great.  Or awful.  I'm not sure which. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: charlie on September 27, 2010, 02:50:20 PM
Missinelli is an ok enough radio host, but it is so blatantly obvious that he doesn't even bother to watch most sports, he's constantly overmatched and has gotten to the point where he goes all "eskin" on his callers and wont even let them make a point, or just entirely ignores the caller.

Bruno can talk sports circles around him, he actually pays attention to games.

Mikey Miss is IGY, but a tiny bit less stubbornly wrong.

But he's one of those guys that talks in hyperbole, but adds in that little disclaimer so he can say he wasn't wrong.

That being said, it makes for enjoyable radio.
Also a few weeks ago he said that there was "no feud or beef" with him and Tony Bruno and that they just like to take jabs at each other.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on September 27, 2010, 03:03:18 PM
Quote from: SD on September 27, 2010, 02:41:55 PMThere's a lot of goofy shtein going on there, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

That could be great.  Or awful.  I'm not sure which. 

It's great...I couldn't ask for a better internship. Well, they could pay me, but there's never a dull day there.

Don Ho

Quote from: Diomedes on September 24, 2010, 11:17:00 PM
so this is your work atmosphere SD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCrqU0HJVww&feature=related

Between the BYU shirt, the wife beater tank or the Tongan war cry we may have something here.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

how sickening is it that espn has a permamnent crew at the heat training camp
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

get the farg outta here, do they really? Who is it? Pedro Gomez?

ice grillin you

no its not one person giving reports...that would be fine....its jalen rose jon barry and a host who i cant recall...mark jones maybe....but they are set up there kinda of like college game day...its ridiculous
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I hope LeBron tears his farging ACL

I wonder if ESPN would televise the surgery?

Would Stu Scott lick his tears?

Unreal.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seriously.  Only Donovan McNabb deserves that level of love and attention.

Hawk

Mikey Miss was talking about Vick and black protectionism and some caller kept calling it blackonism.   Highlight of my drive To DC.

smeags

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on September 27, 2010, 12:23:19 PM
btw for all you droiders.  Go to the marketplace, just enter "97.5 Fanatic" and you get live streaming for free.  just enable the background player so you can do normal crap on your phone and listen to the show. 

already have it. sweet.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

not sure who heard it but eskin and ike had vick on yesterday. eskin sounds like a beaten man anymore. it was truely a joy listening to him have to set aside what he really wanted to say to vick and carry on with the interview as ike coddled vick's nuts.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it