The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

oh that's right he has a new one, Mike Miss was playing it a few weeks ago talking about the standards a radio station has when taking an ad like that.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

its true...if the old fool wants to blog about this or put up signs on his store...more power to him...im all for free speech...but wip and moreso cbs should not be paying for shtein like this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

yeah i just dont get his issue here especially considering his parents more than likely couldn't speak a bit of english.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

If you hear any sound cuts on CBS/Fox/ESPN from 97.5 The Fanatic in regards to the QB situation or McNabb they're from me. I freakin rock. Also I was on the Vai and Gonzo show today.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They actually put you on the air?  What did you talk about?

Munson

Quote from: SD on September 24, 2010, 03:23:42 PM
If you hear any sound cuts on CBS/Fox/ESPN from 97.5 The Fanatic in regards to the QB situation or McNabb they're from me. I freakin rock. Also I was on the Vai and Gonzo show today.

Hah, they do let the interns say shtein from time to time. I gotta listen for you next time.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

Quote from: SD on September 24, 2010, 03:23:42 PM

of course you mentioned the welcoming committee right ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Did you talk about eating a burrito while scratching your balls?

Sgt PSN

Do Vai and Gonzo watch the wire?

SD

I'll ask on Thursday which is the next day I'm in . I know Sean Brace their producer is a big fan of the Wire because I've had conversations with him about it.

Pretty much any audio you hear cut on the stream, promos, sounds for updates, podcasts etc. are done by me. It's more of an upaid job than it is an internship. The one kid I intern with interned for WIP 6 months ago and said they had him doing normal intern crap like getting coffee. Our role is basically that of a producer, we screen callers, take relevant clips for air, put stuff we think is worthy up on the net. It gets pretty intense at times because they'll have a guest on then want their soundbytes for their updates in 10 minutes.

They already briefed us for next week with the McNabb game, it's going to be hectic.

I was on the air during the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly segment and talked to Vai about his weekly picks. It isn't as exciting as it sounds.

MDS

yes or no

does vai actually watch football
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Yes

He's 5-1 with his football picks so he must know something.

Sgt PSN

He knows how to return punts against the Giants. 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger