The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on August 05, 2010, 08:45:21 AM
speaking of randy miller - dutch discussed the whole supposed end of the world comment that miller referrenced once again yesterday and what not and said miller is a flat out liar.

just curious, where did that talking to lizzards, 2012 story come from ? i mean who wrote it originally ?

no one wrote it....daulton said it in an espn interview...may have also written it in a book

heres the quote

"That will be the end of this dispensation. I really don't know how to explain it. I don't know what words to use so people won't think I'm goofy. But by Dec. 21, 2012 [the last day recorded on the Mayan calendar], people will have a pretty good idea. It's all about consciousness and love. We have the ability to create whatever we want. We're all made of energy."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: Die-Hard on August 05, 2010, 08:54:24 AM
Quote from: SD on August 03, 2010, 04:55:38 PM
So I'm interning with 97.5 the Fanatic this fall. I had an internship offer from Comcast Spectacor Flyers/Sixers but decided to stick with the Fanatic.

Which dept within Spectacor?

I never formally interviewed but during the phone call to see if I was worthy I told them either PR or Marketing. Called yesterday to cancel the meeting.

DH

I dont know anything about 97.5, but good stuff not going to Spectacor..that place has more internal flaws and bullshtein than any place Ive worked in the past.

Best of luck, homey.

SD

Thanks bro and that's good to hear. With 97.5 I basically have free reign of the company, so I can do stuff with the other stations as well. For the Penn State internship you have to put a writing portfolio together and must be doing something relevant ie not answering phones and handing out t-shirts.

charlie

There's probably more opportunity with the comcast internship as far as an actual career goes if you were looking for a long term in with a place.

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 05, 2010, 09:00:58 AM
speaking of randy miller - dutch discussed the whole supposed end of the world comment that miller referrenced once again yesterday and what not and said miller is a flat out liar.

just curious, where did that talking to lizzards, 2012 story come from ? i mean who wrote it originally ?

no one wrote it....daulton said it in an espn interview...may have also written it in a book

heres the quote

"That will be the end of this dispensation. I really don't know how to explain it. I don't know what words to use so people won't think I'm goofy. But by Dec. 21, 2012 [the last day recorded on the Mayan calendar], people will have a pretty good idea. It's all about consciousness and love. We have the ability to create whatever we want. We're all made of energy."

well many people believe in the 2012 theory. not sure it's any less goofy then believing mosses parted the red sea but eh. i was actually more interested in the talking to lizzards deal.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: charlie on August 05, 2010, 09:28:47 AM
There's probably more opportunity with the comcast internship as far as an actual career goes if you were looking for a long term in with a place.

I'm not but the prospect of working with the Sixers and Flyers in some capacity was intriguing.

SD

Quote from: smeags on August 05, 2010, 09:39:35 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on August 05, 2010, 09:00:58 AM

heres the quote

well many people believe in the 2012 theory. not sure it's any less goofy then believing mosses parted the red sea but eh. i was actually more interested in the talking to lizzards deal.

I read the book. It's all about meditation, letting go of your ego, and out of body experiences. A lot of it has to do with the pineal gland (aka the third eye) and the different levels of dimensions. He doesn't believe the worlds going to end in 2012, he thinks as humans our consciousness will be elevated to a higher plain. Whether you believe the stuff or not it's rather interesting.

smeags

yeah thats what he was explaining yesterday. i more interesting part of the whole conversation of course was how he was pretty much calling randy miller a POS and jonny marks backing it up with the statement that none of the philly sports media likes him one bit.

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on August 05, 2010, 10:08:30 AM
yeah thats what he was explaining yesterday. i more interesting part of the whole conversation of course was how he was pretty much calling randy miller a POS and jonny marks backing it up with the statement that none of the philly sports media likes him one bit.

he said it on an espn interview....not sure what this has to do with miller at all

isnt 97.5 an espn affiliate...wouldnt seem hard to me for them to dig the interview up and play it for dutch...doubtful theyd do that tho since hes on their payroll

smeags

if you didnt waste your time listening to burger king you'd know.

ice grillin you

solid and totally relevant retort

smeags

actually it was considering this stems from a conversation yesterday on 97.5 about miller taking a shot at dalton over the 2012 comments he made.

ice grillin you

yeah and you asked who wrote the story about daulton saying that shtein...and i told you no one wrote it....daulton said it all....i dont even know how you cant remember this when it happened...it got talked about for like a week straight...shtein hbo real sports had a big thing on daulton a couple years ago

and who cares if he took a shot at daulton for being a loon.....who hasnt

smeags

i knew about the interview, i asked about the book which i didnt remember who wrote and as SD pointed out dalton did write it. but thanks for doing my research anyway chief. i know who to come to.