The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Caught glimpses of it at the gym the other day when it was on.  It looked awesome.  Everyone kept stopping to watch it.  I'm trying to find when it airs again.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Just saw the Escobar 30-for-30.  Unfargingreal.  Highly recommend it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Buster Olney's video today (at least before they change the headline):

QuoteBuster Blog: Lee Trade Paying Dividends
Buster Olney on the progression of the prospects whom the Indians got for Cliff Lee

Me: those scrubs are actually doing something? *click*

The video is entirely about two guys the Indians got for Casey Blake and CC. None of the guys they got for Lee are even mentioned.

ice grillin you

the phils lee indian trade was basically the phils lee sea trade....cept cleveland had to trade lee so youd expect them to not get a ton back...the phils had the luxory of trading lee so youd think they would ask for the farm

and the indians have some hope with jason knapp

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

charlie

Don Ho

Dude,  you got to take igy 101 man.  Get with the program.

Seabiscuit36

He's new around here, it'll take time. 

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

thats stillupfront. hes been here a while. hes also 80% retard, but not the funny, charming kind. the real kind.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah i dont get why he changes his screen name every few months...i think he wants to be liked because whenever he comes up with a new guy hes waaaay less annoying...but once a douche always a douche and it doesnt take long for him to come back out

anyway good article in philly mag this month about the sports radio battle in town

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/feature_media_game_on/
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

that was a really good article

they are all dick heads apparently
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

charlie

Quote from: KDS on July 07, 2010, 11:08:35 PM
thats stillupfront. hes been here a while. hes also 80% retard, but not the funny, charming kind. the real kind.

Do you enjoy being wrong about everything?

Seabiscuit36

QuotePerhaps the only subject both stations agree on is that while all teams complain, the worst offenders by far are the Eagles. General manager Joe Banner calls both stations personally; rumors swirl that he's also berated newspapers when he's unhappy with a story. (Banner declined to comment for this story.) Years ago, some of WIP's hosts had a friendly sit-down with Banner at the NovaCare training center to discuss how they could improve their relationship. According to one attendee, the WIP hosts had plenty of suggestions, but the meeting didn't amount to much more than a free lunch.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Bill Simmons had a long "DID NOT READ" shakey head rant about the whole LeBron/Wade/Bosh situation

link

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 08, 2010, 07:19:41 AM
yeah i dont get why he changes his screen name every few months...i think he wants to be liked because whenever he comes up with a new guy hes waaaay less annoying...but once a douche always a douche and it doesnt take long for him to come back out

anyway good article in philly mag this month about the sports radio battle in town

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/feature_media_game_on/

Great read.

I need to subscribe to that magazine.

Diomedes

before or after you sign up for the Brownsville Herald?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger