Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i thought flyer fans were above all that tho
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

I'm happy its failing, farg the NHL
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

reese125

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 08, 2010, 12:07:44 PM
don't really care about hockey one way or the other, but yeah, if they want to do the outdoor game each year (and i think it's a cool idea) then they need to pick a day that doesn't already have established sporting events already taking place.  turkey day belongs to the nfl.  xmas belongs to the nba, new year's eve belongs to drunks and whores and new year's day belongs to college football. 

of course, this is one of the big reasons hockey has such terrible tv ratings and a dwindling fan base to begin with.......they've never done anything to try and captivate a national tv audience.  there is no hockey tradition when it comes to a nationally televised game.  and it's not like this is something that the other sports leagues just started doing and the nhl was last in line.  this has been going on for decades now and the nhl finally got around to saying "yeah, maybe we should give that a try." 

too bad all the good days are already taken and now all they're left with is rosh hashanah.  good luck with that. 

lol

MDS

hockey has terrible ratings because its not a popular sport. its not a major sport. no one plays hockey. no one understands it. and its god awful on tv. enough of this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

Quote from: MDS on January 08, 2010, 12:33:04 PM
and its god awful on tv.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Clearly, you don't have an HDTV. I dont care if you like the sport or not, its the best of the 4 majors to watch in HD.

MDS

its better in hd than it was on regular but its still terrible

hoops is great in hd. soccer too. and tbs' baseball.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

i don't think i've been able to watch an entire hockey game on tv.  not even when the flyers were in the finals.  it's definitely a game made for attending more than on tv.  can't say i've seen a game in hd so maybe it's better than before, but still probably pales in comparison to seeing a game in person......which still isn't that great to me.   

MDS

hockey is very solid in person but i find it impossible to get into living in philly seeing as its hockey weather like 2 weeks out of the year. you need consistent cold and snow for hockey and they arent that many places in america where that happens.

the fact is i, along with like 97% of the country, dont know enough about hockey to follow it. i dont know the rules or the game. how am i gonna get into it? because the media says the flyers are a major team? thats igys reasoning.

SunMo

lol, like the rules are so hard to figure out if you watched the game for 10 minutes.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

i still lol at you thinking that hockey should only be played in cities with artic-like climates.  it would make sense if they actually played outside all of the time.  but they don't. 

MDS

Quote from: SunMo on January 08, 2010, 12:55:59 PM
lol, like the rules are so hard to figure out if you watched the game for 10 minutes.

ok not like two line passing and icing, but strategies and penalties and stuff like that. i dont watch enough to really know full well whats going on outside of the basic stuff. so its tough to get into it.

and @ sarge the game is supposed to be a cold weather sport. how does it make sense living in so cal or texas and going to watch a game played on ice. farg there are some days in philly in the winter when you can easily play bball outside.

Sgt PSN

i don't think you'll ever get it.  it just goes against your jewish nature to have to the a/c turned up that high in the middle of winter. 

Don Ho

Hocky in Anaheim, LA and Phoenix  :yay  Waiting for Hawaii to get the next franchise.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 08, 2010, 12:52:47 PM
because the media says the flyers are a major team? thats igys reasoning.

what the farg?...ive never gave a reasoning nor cared at all whether you liked hockey...you care way more about you not liking hockey than anyone else

then again you like soccer so that explains a lot
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

why would i like a sport that i understand and whose action i can follow without squinting my eyes? and that people outside canada, northern europe and a some less than desirable us states like?