The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: BigEd76 on December 08, 2009, 06:32:34 PM
mlb network probably

Yeah the AP is now saying MLB Network. Sounds legit.

Seabiscuit36

Wonder  if Rosenthal makes the switch
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

nah, they still have Buster Olney

MDS

yup, done deal. now if they would start showing classic games from after 1993, i must just watch it more.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Gammons is back together with Harold Reynolds.   :-D

Good.

If it weren't for Kruk I wouldn't watch ESPN at all for baseball talk.  Hopefully he's next out the door and over to MLB Network.

PhillyPhreak54

WHo in the hell thought Rick Reilly hosting SC would be a good thing?

Feva...whyyyyy?!

QB Eagles

Probably the same person at ESPN who thought that having Rick Reilly write for them would be a good thing.

Sgt PSN

Feva

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 12, 2009, 12:26:56 PM
WHo in the hell thought Rick Reilly hosting SC would be a good thing?

Feva...whyyyyy?!

I got pull around this piece, beyotches! >:D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

i think rick reily is pretty funny and witty...hes not a natural anchor speaking wise but hes a 1000 times more intelligent and funny than some douche like john anderson
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

he is patronizing and condescending. his tiger column was vomit inducing. hes also a hack and a lazy pos.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

hes condencending because hes that shtein...literally one of the best sportswriters of all time

unlike john anderson and most of the other pissant espn anchors that have no resume but think they are gods gift to sportscasting

MDS

i didnt even watch him on sc, but id figure he was god awful

he can write, but hes in the joe buck sports is too low for me zone. basically a week for him is playing golf for 3,000 hours and taking a 20 minute break to mail in some pissant column about a 12 year with terminal cancer who still plays middle school soccer.

ice grillin you

he not a great anchor...not yet anyway..mostly because he sounds awkward..like hes giving one of his commentaries while hes doing a game highlite...but his writing is still top notch and he has some really good lines

phattymatty

riley might have been good 15 years ago but he is the biggest hack in all of sports right now.