Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

The fight was one to respect, not enjoy. Mayweather put on a defensive clinic and it wasn't close at all. At no point did it seem like either fighter would actually get hurt. Basically half the viewing audience probably turned it off and tried to find some MMA.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 04, 2013, 11:17:17 PM
stupid fight isnt going to start until after midnight

Did you try QB's suggestion?  Not the best quality but I've watched the last two Pac Man fights and the last JSP MMA on First Row.  You can go 4 or 5 rounds with no problem then all of a sudden it'll freeze up.  Frustrating at times but its better than shelling out $50+.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

money is a joke

boringly beat another scrub...big deal. hes such a colossal bore
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 05, 2013, 01:29:32 AM
The fight was one to respect, not enjoy. Mayweather put on a defensive clinic and it wasn't close at all. At no point did it seem like either fighter would actually get hurt. Basically half the viewing audience probably turned it off and tried to find some MMA.

Good post.
I was at a party and started drifting off in the 5th. Midnight start time is a farging joke. Mayweather is in the discussion for top 5 greatest fighter of all time.

Diomedes

Quote from: SD on May 05, 2013, 06:34:25 AMMayweather is in the discussion for top 5 greatest fighter of all time.

Ha.  And Donovan will be elected to the Hall of Fame.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on May 05, 2013, 07:35:13 AM
Quote from: SD on May 05, 2013, 06:34:25 AMMayweather is in the discussion for top 5 greatest fighter of all time.

Ha.  And Donovan will be elected to the Hall of Fame.

im not even sure he top 10 of all time and im a huge floyd fan....its mostly not his fault because his generation just didnt have the depth of quality fighters that the past had but the fact is he fought very few great fighters in their prime

to me hes the welterweight version of b hop... technical wizard....defensive fighter...lack of top notch opponents...never had a truly marquee fight

everyone has their all time dream fight where if they had a time machine they could pit any two guys they wanted against each other....mine would be pernell whitaker and floyd

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

Personally, I would have been giddy to leave the time machine in the garage and watch Manny fight Floyd, but that bitch made every excuse under the sun to avoid fighting him. The bullshtein he pulled w the blood test was so over the top bad that I will never respect him again. Unfortunately, Pacmans loss to JMM somewhat hurt the possibility that he would have even beat Floyd, but we all deserved to see that fight, and Floyd signlehandedly made sure that would never happen. But, oooooh, he beat a Guerrero. 

Fraud Mayweather, ladies and gentlemen.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

people who know a lot more about boxing than i do say this showtime fight tonight should be special

lamont peterson and some french sounding cat

PhillyPhreak54

Mayweather vs Canelo Alvarez 14 Sept

That should be a good fight.

MDS

well thats going to be scene at any bar with mexicans
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd like to see that one in person. Buy tix and lets go

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you