Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on June 07, 2012, 09:18:40 AM
going to the pacquio-bradley fight saturday night. boom.

Is this your first big time fight? If so take it in. The atmosphere and spotlight is like no other sport. Where are your seats? I went to the De La Hoya/Hopkins fight at the MGM Grand and it was pretty amazing.

PhillyPhreak54

What the farg?!?

They gave it to Bradley?!???

PhillyPhreak54

Amazing. Simply farging amazing.

Biggest sham job ever. No one can say with a straight face that the fix wasn't in

MDS

what a farging farce

this sport is a joke and this night is proof why
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

farging screw job.  12 rounds, all 10-9 Pac, and somehow two of the three score it 115-113 Bradley.  Math is hard

MDS

those 2 judges have to be the only human beings in the world who thought bradley won the fight

1000% they were paid off or forced to give it to bradley. fix was in here. another black eye for the sport.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

But the third had it 115-113 too.  It was never that close!

PhillyPhreak54

The answers are in the odds. I didn't track this one but if a lot of late money came in on Bradley then there's proof it was thrown.

MDS

QuoteLate money on this boxing match, Pac was -432 at 2pm it closed -397 at pinny. Lots of late money on Bradley.

bradley told arum after the fight that he couldnt beat pac. bradleys people DURING the fight knew it was over. this is such a farging joke its not even possible.

on the bright side hopefully a fix on this big of a scale can maybe get this sport cleaned up.

PhillyPhreak54

Wow...so the late money hit.

And Bradley already knew the rematch date.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Which is a shame because boxing is a much better spectacle than MMA, which is nothing more than two apes pouncing on each other when they're down, rolling around on the ground grabbing for gay choke holds, and selling awful t-shirts.

The old days really were better:

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Arum as much as said it was a disgrace.

I actually can't believe people pay to watch that farcical bullshtein.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep, he tried to act offended and appalled but he had this shtein locked up. One theory being floated is that he's fronted Pacquiao a bunch of money because dude's having money problems. So as repayment for the front money he agreed to not protest the decision too vehemently. Arum comes out and says hes gonna make a boatload of cash on the rematch.

This is one time where I'd encourage some governmental involvement. At least start with the Nevada State Athletic Commission and let them dig into this. If they gloss over then the state government should dig in. Why? Because when its an event when people are betting money it cannot be fixed. You've essentially stolen from the people who bet on Manny.