Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

I now have so much respect for Larry, He told Floyd " I wish I was 50 years younger, I'd kick your ass". LOL

MDS

they were just playin

mayweather is a joke. i feel bad for anyone plunkin down cash on that guy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

Nah, Larry was right, his next question was about Pacman and Floyd new it. Dang it, that was starting to warm up as a good fight. Nice of Cortez to pay attention after he took the point off.

Drunkmasterflex

I have watched boxing since ive been 4 and this is the worst shtein ive ever witnessed.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

Close, I'd have to say Tyson biting Holyfields ear off, tops this.

MDS

does this break some kind of fighters code? cause i know it was within the rules.

i guess its just insanely cheap and makes floyd look like a gump.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phillymic2000 on September 18, 2011, 12:49:51 AM
Close, I'd have to say Tyson biting Holyfields ear off, tops this.

Its close, and MDS its not a code per say but the ref never restarted the fight.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

hbionic

Code, shmode.

Boxing is dead to me and should be for most of the world now. The fix was in, and they sent a big middle finger to everyone watching saying, 'We're taking your money, and we don't give a shtein'.

farg boxing forever.

Go UFC.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: hbionic on September 18, 2011, 02:25:08 AM
Code, shmode.

Boxing is dead to me and should be for most of the world now. The fix was in, and they sent a big middle finger to everyone watching saying, 'We're taking your money, and we don't give a shtein'.

farg boxing forever.

Go UFC.

The only boxing match I would ever pay for at this point is Paq and Mayweather.  But agreed UFC>>>>>>>>>>>boxing

Rome

The bar I was at last night was freaking packed with people watching the fight.  There were a lot of people there watching football too but at least 50% of the place was boxing fans.

Shocked me too because I haven't seriously sat down to watch a fight since B-Hop was in his prime.

Geowhizzer

SunMo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DMPBLPFL

for anybody who wants to see the whole fight leading up to the KO
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

DH

the fight itself was not fixed, but the merchant-money spat at the end was planned months in advance

i hate mayweather as much as i hated 2005 TO

phattymatty

just watched that fight last night, such a shame. it's ortiz's own fault for that ridiculously obvious headbutt. was turning out to be a good fight too. what a debacle.

really does suck because there is nothing greater in sports than a good boxing match. especially heavyweight but that class has been a disater for a decade or more.

i can't remember a match worth spending a sat. night on since maybe pac-cotto or pac-margarito. basically manny is the only one who puts on a good show. i'm also in love with yoriorkis gamboa, dude is really fun to watch.

hate to say it but as much as i love boxing, they are doing everything wrong while UFC is doing everything right. took me a while to really pay attention to MMA but it really is great. rampage-jon jones this weekend should be awesome.

DH

took me a while to really pay attention to MMA but it really is great.

I hate hearing boxing fans say that...probably because its true