Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Don Ho on December 11, 2010, 11:31:44 PM
Maidana vs Kahn. Anyone watch this fight on HBO?  Best fight I've seen in years.

Yeah it was pretty good. I thought Kahn was down and out in the 10th. I've never seen a boxer miss an uppercut as bad as Maidana did twice when Kahn was woozy.

Don Ho

I thought Kahn was finished.  He looked like a new man in the 10th.  Nice to see a good fight like that.

Now if someone could knockout Larry "Mr. Angry" Merchant.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Drunkmasterflex

Very good fight tonight! I thought a draw was a fair decision.  That was a tough fight to score.  B-Hop should definitely get a rematch.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

DH

it was good..I don't like the draw though. I think hop shoulda walked away w that belt.

Drunkmasterflex

It was close, he did get knocked down twice. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

Bhop should've won the belt. He had Pascal on the run from rounds 4-9 and more then made up for those points. This looks bad for Pascal, his only quality win was a decision vs. Dawson in Canada. Money says he goes with his mandatory and let's Hopkins age another year. Or 2 and then start blabbing about a rematch!!

phillymic2000

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/mercer-morrison-return-feb-25-72070#more-72070

Quote[Former WBO and Rocky V star Morrison who turned 42 last week hopes that the Montreal fight will help kick-start his career, something he's been trying to do for the past few years. "My career got railroaded," Morrison told Fightnews. "It got side-tracked over something that wasn't true. I'm still young and I've never gotten too far away from the sport. I still have what it takes and I believe it is still one of my goals. I believe I've what boxing's been missing, they need somebody to watch. I'm licensed in both New Zealand and Canada, so we look forward to getting busy." Morrison is scheduled to be meeting Eric Barrack, a 3-0 heavyweight who last saw action in 2008.
/quote]

Tommy Gun!!! :-D

DH

and people wonder why this sport is dying...used to be so great.

SD

Doesn't he have the AIDS? I remember reading an article about him and his wife a few years back where he used to drink his own urine because he believed the enzymes were good for his body.

DH

he claims he never had the HIV and it was all bad rumors..evidently, he took 4 tests from 06-08 and all came back negative.

i shook magic johnsons hand once and was afraid i got the aids; no way id fight tommy gunn.

phillymic2000

Quote from: SD on January 11, 2011, 11:25:33 AM
Doesn't he have the AIDS? I remember reading an article about him and his wife a few years back where he used to drink his own urine because he believed the enzymes were good for his body.

He did test positive for it, but for a while he has tested negative, they are putting up the entire interview tomorrow. It'll be interesting to read.

phattymatty

i just got a hookup for tickets to the cotto-mayorga fight in march in vegas.

undercard looks pretty sick, clottey, foreman, and zappavigna all fighting.

phillymic2000

Quote from: phattymatty on February 01, 2011, 08:55:00 PM

thats awesome!!!

phillymic2000

I really hope the Golden boy comes out of retirement and kicks the shtein out of junior! I'm still pissed about Richard Steele stopping the Sweet Pea Chavez Sr. fight.  :boom x 1 gazzilion!

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/chavez-jr-calls-out-oscar-74560

QuoteJC Chavez Jr also issued his own challenge to the Golden Boy: "I call on Oscar de la Hoya to pick up the gloves and face me at middleweight in September and to give more motivation to de la Hoya I'll bet my purse that I send him back into permament retirement from boxing and then I'll wish him the best in his career as a promoter."

Don Ho

Quote from: phattymatty on February 01, 2011, 08:55:00 PM

Phatty,

What venue is it at?  I would love to see a big time fight in Vegas. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.