Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

And for good measure:

http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/story/11945587

QuoteSAO PAULO -- Officials say former world boxing champion Arturo Gatti has been found dead in a hotel room in northeastern Brazil.

A spokeswoman for the public safety department of Pernambuco state says the body of the former junior welterweight champ was discovered on Saturday morning in the posh seaside resort of Porto de Galinhas, where he arrived on Friday with his wife and 1-year-old son.

The spokeswoman said it was unclear how the 37-year-old Canadian died.

"There were no bullet or stab wounds on his body, but police did find blood stains on the floor," she said, adding that his wife and son were unhurt.

The spokeswoman, who did not provide further details, declined to be identified because she was not authorized to comment on the case.

Gatti retired in 2007.

DH

ice grillin you

these young bitches be whylin
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

His wife killed him apparently.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

Strangled with a purse strap. That's one strong bitch.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 12, 2009, 04:19:22 PM
Strangled with a purse strap. That's one strong bitch.
He was apparently shteinfaced and already knocked out with a head injury
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

Please do not tell my wife about the purse strap method of strangulation.

Seriously though............my son and I have always been huge Gatti fans.  The first boxing match my son ever saw was Gatti vs Micky Ward in 2003.  Love Michael Buffer's intro on Gatti.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

Gatti had a fargin incredible heart when it came to boxing. He just kept coming and coming after the other guy.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phillymic2000 on July 15, 2009, 09:05:43 AM
Gatti had a fargin incredible heart when it came to boxing. He just kept coming and coming after the other guy.

No doubt, he has to be one of the most entertaining fighters ever. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phattymatty

now they're saying gatti might be a suicide?  he choked himself out with a purse?  weird shtein.

ice grillin you

i totally trust the brazilian authorities
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

for real... that hot stripper wife must have had her mouth full for the last few weeks.

PhillyPhanInDC

Don't know if anyone saw it, but Assault in the Ring premiered last night on HBO, and it was farging fantastic. It was a documentary about the Billy Collins/Luis Resto fight in 1983.

It doesn't delve into the fight on a round by round basis, but really looks at the two fighters and their families, and how their lives were completely destroyed. It was excellently done.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

phillymic2000

I watched the Diaz vs. Malignaggi fight last night and it was EVERYTHING wrong with boxing. A gig Booooooooo to Golden Boy for promoting a joke. the ring was smaller then usual, all but one of the judges were local, the ref only warned Paulie during the fight. Paulie out boxed and frustrated the baby bull Diaz all fargin night. One judge called it 118-110. As much as his rant will probably hurt Paulie in future fights, it needed to be said. What a fargin joke!!

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on August 02, 2009, 10:22:17 AM
Don't know if anyone saw it, but Assault in the Ring premiered last night on HBO, and it was farging fantastic. It was a documentary about the Billy Collins/Luis Resto fight in 1983.

It doesn't delve into the fight on a round by round basis, but really looks at the two fighters and their families, and how their lives were completely destroyed. It was excellently done.

Unreal.  Amazing story.  My son and I watched it.  Highly recommend it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.