Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

What a waste. It started when he fired Bill Cayton and surrounded himself with an entourage full of idiots, the head one being Don King.

I wonder how many convicted rapist are missionarys?

shorebird

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

NGM

Damn.  Mike Tyson used to make people look foolish, now he is fat and broke.  What a shame.

On the plus side, he is going to be in the Fight Night from EA Sports. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phillymic2000 on December 16, 2008, 11:33:26 PM
#10 knockout looks like he was fighting Sno nuff

#2 should be #1, Trevor Berbick bumblin and stumblin was one of the top knockouts in the history of boxing fargin classic.

:( IMO Mike in his prime, would beat any Heavy in the history of the sport. Power speed and his movement were  :o

I have heard a lot of people say that about "Iron Mike", but to me much of his game was based on intimidation once he lost that he never beat anybody.  If you watch his early fights guys were terrified in the ring against him, do you think guys like Ali and Frazier would be scared of him? Personally I don't.  I am not saying he wasn't a great fighter, I just have my doubts as to how he would have stacked up against some of the all-time greats. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

reese125

agree 100%

Tyson vs Ali is not even worth talking about because Ali's jab would of forced Tyson to forfeit by the 4th rd

Frazier or Foreman would of ate him up with their own crazy power shots

Tyson relied heavily on bobbing and weaving, side to side uppercuts with mean ass crosses from the inside

if Tyson is not close to an opponent forget about it..loss

SD_Eagle5

Looks like Sugar Shane is back on the sauce

phattymatty

yeah that was sick.  the most dominant i've ever seen him.  especially against someone like margarito, last time i saw him was against cotto over the summer and dude looked unstoppable.  mosley's hands were so fast.

phillymic2000

Even in the 8th and 9th round mosley was just lightning fast, it was a very impressive showing for him.

phillymic2000

Quote from: reese125 on December 17, 2008, 03:02:27 PM
agree 100%

Tyson vs Ali is not even worth talking about because Ali's jab would of forced Tyson to forfeit by the 4th rd

Tyson relied heavily on bobbing and weaving, side to side uppercuts with mean ass crosses from the inside

Tyson went downhill after he came out of prison, IMO he never really wanted to fight after that, it was all for the cash at that point. Other then the Buster douglas fight, which he was robbed, Buster went down at the end of the 8th. and the ref blew the count.

Anyway, Tyson was deadly inside and moving against the jab, up until the buster fight he was never in trouble. Fraizer I don't think would be able to handle Tysons shots, Foreman took him out in two rounds and then in the rematch five rounds. Ali was able to handle Foreman's shots but George was much slower and winded easier then Tyson would. Ali would not have been able to handle Tysons quicker flurries, like he had trouble handling joe being closer to him. Foreman would get frustrated with Tyson's movement just like he did with Ali, and Tyson hits a hell of a lot harder then Ali ever did.

This is all my opinion so it means, well nothing, but its mine damnit

stalker

Quote from: phillymic2000 on January 25, 2009, 11:25:44 PM
Quote from: reese125 on December 17, 2008, 03:02:27 PM
agree 100%

Tyson went downhill after he came out of prison, IMO he never really wanted to fight after that, it was all for the cash at that point. Other then the Buster douglas fight, which he was robbed, Buster went down at the end of the 8th. and the ref blew the count.

Anyway, Tyson was deadly inside and moving against the jab, up until the buster fight he was never in trouble. Fraizer I don't think would be able to handle Tysons shots, Foreman took him out in two rounds and then in the rematch five rounds. Ali was able to handle Foreman's shots but George was much slower and winded easier then Tyson would. Ali would not have been able to handle Tysons quicker flurries, like he had trouble handling joe being closer to him. Foreman would get frustrated with Tyson's movement just like he did with Ali, and Tyson hits a hell of a lot harder then Ali ever did.

This is all my opinion so it means, well nothing, but its mine damnit

Tysons problems started after Cus D'Amato died and he started consorting with Don King. Cus, I believe, kept him locked in a cage between fights when he owned him.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

phillymic2000

read the book bad itentions, Cus just covered up all the shtein Tyson did. Tyson is messed up mentally and all he ever had around him was yes men.

Diomedes

one hugely important thing that Ali, Frazier and Foreman all had in spades that Tyson never had is heart

I don't think you can talk seriously about who would have won in a fantasy fight across eras, but I do think you can see that some fighters are Great while others are just the best of their otherwise unremarkable time.  I put Tyson squarely in the latter group. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

^^^
thats basically it

tyson won on intimidation and once he got knocked out and not just knocked out but recall how pathetic he looked after that buster ko his whole steeze and aura just disintegrated before everyones eyes...and he didnt have the boxing skills and especially like dio said the heart to overcome people not being scared of him anymore...

he had a mans body and as long as that body could keep others scared of him he could be a bully but inside he was always an abandoned abused and scared little 8 year kid from brooklyn and it took one loss to expose that part of him to the world
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous