Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

zeta jones was in the crowd and blazing hot....she was being dragged down by comestic surgery king michael douglas for a while there but damn she looked back tonight

speaking of cosmetic surgery mask is on hbo right now

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Drunkmasterflex

Was glad to see Calzhaghe, normally I wouldn't root against B-Hop, actually this is the only time.  I didn't like his little pre-fight rant.  There was no need for him to bring race into it.  Anyway it was a good fight, wouldn't mind seeing it happen again.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

DH

I watched this morning after tivoing it last night. Originally, I was rooting for Hop because of the Philly connection, but then I realized why Im not too crazy about him - his fighting style is boring as hell. He holds waaay too much, and outside of the first round knockdown; which  IMO shocked Calzaghe more than it knocked him down, the fight was unquestionably all Calzaghe.

What the hell did that female judge see by giving Hop the decision? His ass shoulda retired after beating Winky last year..

phillymic2000

Chris Byrd fought last friday night former two time heavyweight champ. He dropped from 217 to 175 to fight in light heavy for the first time in 15 yrs. He got his butt rocked by Shaun George, getting stopped in the 9th by a nasty combo.

Some other Summer fights:

Cotto vs. Margarito July 26 (HBO PPV)

Hatton vs. Lazcano May 24 (Versus)

Mack vs. Kamako June 4 (ESPN2)

Pavlik vs. Lockett June 7 (HBO)

Diaz vs. Pacquiao June 28 (N/A)

Chagaev vs. Valuev July 5 (N/A)

Wlad Klit vs. Thompson July 12 (N/A)

About a below average summer schedule so far.

phattymatty

anyone seen Yuriorkis Gamboa fight yet?  i caught his last match and dude is good.  he's going to be fun to watch for the next few years.

phillymic2000

He was down in that fight and came storming back right? I usually don't get into the lighter weights but he is exciting.

phattymatty

yeah he went down in the 4th but it was kinda flukey, not a real knock down.  he's ripped and fast as shtein.  has some cockiness to him too which is fun to watch.

PhillyPhreak54

I saw a story on Rome is Burning today that Mayweather made it rain in an ATL club recently. Some person who grabbed a hundred from him tried to spend it and got busted for trying to pass a counterfeit bill.

phillymic2000

ice grillin you

west phillys chazz witherspoon fights tomorrow night on hbo
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on June 20, 2008, 10:49:16 AM
worst name ever
Only a generic ass name like Jon Smith is worse
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

deleting email asking if you wanted to go to an eagles game....now
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on June 20, 2008, 11:26:59 AM
deleting email asking if you wanted to go to an eagles game....now
That hurts, right in the kisser. 

I thought this email was you

How is your day going? how are you doing?

Yes, we do have the only solution for you and all those bills that are piling
up. We will negotiate to lower both your amount owed and your monthly payments.
We will save you the most possible money and to get you out from those bills in
the shortest amount of time.

We will save you money and also protect you from the harsh impacts of bankruptcy
http://gbckhwi.lengthill.info/hfoiyvgmmUpholdinghivgttzi/. We know that we have
the best solution for you and there is no obligation on your part so go for it.

I look forward to hearing from you

Shirley
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons