Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Who said Boxing was dead?

QuoteNEWS FLASH
Holyfield-Tyson III?
Evander Holyfield has told the Guardian that a third fight with Mike Tyson is being considered. According to Holyfield, Tyson representative Jeff Fenech, called him to gauge his interest in a third fight. Evander said he would "catch a lot of flak" if he fought Tyson again, but "if the price is right," he would probably do it.
Thursday, February 28 2008

For the love of God this better not happen, then again, Tyson maybe the only one Holyfield could beat at this point.

BigEd76

phillymic2000

shoot for 20 million you do one show that is fake. I can't blame him at all.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phattymatty

anyone gonna watch the nigerian nightmare this weekend?  i plan on checking it out, i know nothing about this dude.

phillymic2000

Hopkins vs. Calzage for Hops light heavy belt. Come on X on more big win for me, one more please!!

PhillyPhreak54

I used to like Hopkins. Until he started ripping McNabb and sounding like a dumbass when "analyzing" the Eagles on the radio.

ice grillin you

hopkins is a real man and mcnabb is a sissy so you cant really blame him...plus bhop is maybe the most pro philly guy thats ever lived and mcnabb is the antithesis of that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

He's pro-Philly no doubt. But his comments about McNabb made me sour on him. He sounded like a dumbass when he did it.

Anyways,

The fight was pretty good. Calzaghe won by split decision. I thought that Hopkins fought a fight that he's not used to. Or at least one that I haven't seen him fight. Usually its a slow paced fight where he doesn't really do much but dance and jab. He was really going after Calzaghe tonight. Fun to watch and I thought that it was scored right.

SD_Eagle5

Hopkins got beat by the white boy

Lets recap this weekend for Philly:
Hopkins loses to a white boy
Johnny Marz is dead
Bums lost 2 in a row to the Mets
Flyers lost to the Caps

If the bums get swept and the Sixers lose tomorrow night that will just be the icing on the cake

ice grillin you

then the flyers losing monday would be the cherry?

SunMo

it will all be ok if munson kills himself
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

I saw Jim Belushi sitting about 5 rows up.

And I saw Stallone there too. And I could have sworn that Simon Cowell was sitting next to him.

MDS

tom jones singing the welsch national anthem killed me. so funny.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.