Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

:-D Ruiz the self proclaimed "best heavyweight" got beat again by another eastern european  :-D Ireally don't want him to retire, I enjoy watching him lose!

phillymic2000

QuoteHopkins to take on Wright at catchweight?

By Staff Writer

According to the St.Petersburg Times, light-heavyweight champion, Bernard Hopkins is set to to take on Winky Wright on July 21st.

Wright's adviser and attorney, Jim Wilkes, said the St. Petersburg boxer and Hopkins, have agreed to meet at 170 pounds.

Although an official announcement has not been scheduled, Wilkes said the deal was completed, for the most part, Thursday. Contracts haven't been signed, and the site - most likely Madison Square Garden New York or Las Vegas - hasn't been chosen, but Wilkes said those are formalities.

Also RJJ is talking rematch with Hopkins :drool

SD_Eagle5

That should be a good fight, I thought Winky got the better of Taylor in their fight. So much for Hopkins retirement.

phillymic2000

:-D exactly he said after the Tarver Win ;D that he would come out of retirement for a 20mil payday.

Drunkmasterflex

I would like to see him fight Joe Calzaghe.  He is going to kill Winky Wright, I don't know what you were watching SD, but Taylor definately won that fight.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

I just watched the worst heavyweight champ fight ever, Vlad vs. Austin  :puke what a joke, Austin should never ever ever never get another title fight.

phillymic2000

Calzaghe, if he is as good as they say he is (I have only seen a couple of fights) should have no problem with Manfredo today on HBO at 4pm et. I relly do not know how Manfredo got this shot, he is 2-2 in his last 4 fights. I really hope he comes up in weight to fight Hopkins.

Drunkmasterflex

He has already said that he wants to fight Hopkins.  The question is does Hopkins want the fight?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

They all say that crap, Joe does not want to leave Britian at all to fight in the US, he has only fought in 3 fights outside of Britian., and most of his fights have been in Carduff (I would guess his hometown). Anyway this fight was as bad as Klit vs. Austin, brutal, should have never been made, pitful mismatch.

SD_Eagle5

Calzaghe/Manfredo was a complete joke

MURP

phillymic2000

Will DLH vs. Floyd help save the recent horrible matchups? I hope so. I really want DLH to win, but after his fight with X, if he couldn't stay away from him, Floyd is 5 times as fast. THis is one of the most interesting fights in a good while.

MDS

Now now the fight is obviously fixed, the question becomes who is the fix on? My money is on that pretty boy De La Homo.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Mayweather's gonna kill the pretty boy Mexican. I'm just hoping for a halfway decent fight and for HBO to stop advertising it.

phattymatty

mayweather coming out last night in mexican colors wearing a sombrero was awesome.