Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Tyson hitting her was the last time that no talent clown got any press.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillymic2000

Gatti got smoked by Baldomir, tko in the 9th. It was strange to see Gatti just unload on someone and see them smile and walk through it. Baldomir is said to walk around at 185 - 190lbs. until 12 weeks before camp, then drop to his fight weight of 147 :o He was clearly the "bigger" guy in the ring. Gatti needs to hang'em up or drop back down to jr. welter. Congrats to Baldomir tough SOB

ice grillin you

baldmir is a joke.....i really wanna see him get broken down by mayweather...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phillymic2000 on July 24, 2006, 06:51:48 AM
Gatti got smoked by Baldomir, tko in the 9th. It was strange to see Gatti just unload on someone and see them smile and walk through it. Baldomir is said to walk around at 185 - 190lbs. until 12 weeks before camp, then drop to his fight weight of 147 :o He was clearly the "bigger" guy in the ring. Gatti needs to hang'em up or drop back down to jr. welter. Congrats to Baldomir tough SOB

Yeah I agree, he was just too small.  I have always been a huge Gatti fan but it is time for him to hang them up.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 24, 2006, 08:35:15 AM
baldmir is a joke.....i really wanna see him get broken down by mayweather...

I'm rooting for the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight myself. Oscar has no chance but he will at the very least make it interesting. Baldmir would be destroyed by Mayweather almost as bad as Gatti was. And yes, Gatti needs to hang em up.

Don Ho

I don't get HBO so I missed the fight.  My dad recorded it on digital TV.  Is it worth watching?  Obviously we know the outcome but my son is a huge Gatti fan.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

I would say yes, Gatti did not listen to McGirt the entire fight ??? I don't understand he was getting drilled by right hands at will by Baldomir, McGirt kept telling him to box and move to your right, but Gatti kept circling left right into Baldomir's right hand, it reminded me of Moorer and Foreman ;D Gatti as usual shows a lot of heart, but in this fight he did not show any "boxing" brains always wanting to brawl. When he did start to (and I mean it was very inconsistant) stick and move between rounds 6 and 9 he was fairly effective. I think if he would of kept that distance and not got into it all the time with Baldomir, hey who knows he might of out pointed him. The bottom line is Larry Merchant is an idiot, I hate him as an announcer, oh wait sorry that really has nothing to do with this fight ;)

phillymic2000

Feva

Set to some classic Geto Boys.  Damn it feels good to be a gangster.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phillymic2000

QuoteMorrison calls out Tyson!
By David Finger
Former heavyweight contender Tommy "The Duke" Morrison, fresh off his announced comeback, has already made it clear which fighter he wants to step into the ring with, calling out former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson. Although Morrison has yet be licensed in any state, and Tyson has announced his retirement, Morrison feels confident that the fight could take place. "I called Mike Tyson and spoken to him on several occasions," commented Morrison through his executive personal assistant, Susan Schaffer Martin. However, Martin did confirm that "they have yet to sit down and discuss a fight." Morrison added that he was "afraid that Mike has gotten too slow and lazy in his retirement playing with his pigeons. After all a retired boxer has to have a hobby, pigeons give un-conditional love." Morrison also added fuel to the fire by claiming that he was thinking of buying "a homing pigeon and sending over a message that we are serving squab for dinner." Morrison appeared close to a fight against Tyson in the late 1990s, shortly after signing a three fight deal with Don King. However his career was derailed by a failed HIV test, a test team Morrison now claims was erroneous.

:-[ Oh please make it stop :'(

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillymic2000

phillymic2000

QuoteJones dominates Ajamu!
By Rick Scharmberg at ringside
Roy Jones Jr found the perfect opponent to end his three fight losing streak. Jones (50-4, 38 KOs) easily broke down Prince Badi Ajamu (25-3-1, 14 KOs) over twelve rounds at the Qwest Arena on Boise, Idaho. The 37-year-old Jones survived an early bum's rush from Ajamu and then had it go all his way from that point on. Ajamu tried to be aggressive, but Jones was too quick and too slick winning each round easily. Ajamu was deducted three points from low blows and was totally dominated by Jones, who pot-shotted him at will. Scores were 119-106 on all cards. Afterward Jones said he gave his performance "a C" proclaiming "the champ is back!"

Oh please please please call out Hopkins, I know his punk A$$ won't but I wish he would.

phillymic2000

QuoteJones: I can still do it!
By Rick Scharmberg
"I wanted to see if my reflexes were still there," said Roy Jones Jr. at last night's post-fight press conference. "I wanted to see if I could do the things I used to do like catch him off balance. After tonight, I realized that I can still do the things that I'm not supposed to be able to do any more!" So what's next? Bernard Hopkins? "He said he didn't want to fight me. [He] said I was too fast!" Jones said he plans to stay at light heavyweight, stating "No way will I fight Virgil Hill again. Look how big Virgil Hill is!" Roy did not rule out a return to heavyweight, however. "I see something in Rahman. If he wins [against Oleg Maskaev] I might want Rahman – only Rahman....If something crazy comes up, I may try [Nikolai Valuev]. If it's a good opportunity, why not?"

:-D Hopkins didn't want him :-D wow, what a loser

phillymic2000

QuoteSaturday night in Boise Idaho, Roy Jones Jr returns to take on Prince Badi Ajamu in a light heavyweight championship fight at the Qwest Arena. A recent article by the Idahostatesmen quotes Roy Jones Jr on what Roy considers his mistake in the past and why he is not to blame for slow ticket sales for this weekend's bout.

On what mistake Jones Jr did in the past that lead him to defeats, Jones is quoted by the Idaho Statesmen saying: "The mistake I made in the past was I stopped worrying about me and started worrying about everyone else."

Speaking in third person, Jones Jr. tells why he is not to blame for the promotion of the fight. Jones Jr said: "Roy's got to 
do what Roy's got to do to win the fight. Roy's got to get back on track. Roy can't go out there and spend all this time promoting the fight and then not win the fight. Roy's got to win the fight and then he'll promote later."[/
quote]

I really hate this guy, your back Roy? Really you lose to Tarver twice and Johnson, then beat up a paper champ in Prince whoosababa, in Boise Idaho? wtf, come tough guy fight Toney or Hopkins, hell fight Tarver, he can't be that hard, I mean you own hopkins right? and he pimp slapped Tarver all night long. And now you want Rahman? Please do it, you'll be pissin blood for a month you over rated chump bastich mf'r