Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

It was funny DLH mentioned that was one reason why they picked Mayorga, cause he could use the motivation.

Drunkmasterflex

I also heard that the Rivera/Garcia fight lastnight was a tremendous bout on Showtime.  Rivera won in a 12 round decision to take the Super Welterweight title from Garcia.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Drunkmasterflex

I saw a good fight lastnight on ESPN2 Wed. Night Fights, Jesse Brinkley (Contender) vs. Joey Spina.  Spina knocked him out in the 10th round.  Brinkley moved up in weight (middleweight) and really looked good for most of the fight.  In the end the bigger and better fighter won. 

Spina was considered for the Contender last year but he didn't get on.  I think he was probably too good, I have seen him fight before and he is an up and comer; he is from the Providence, RI area.  I think he would have won had he gotten on the show rather easily.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Don Ho

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on May 11, 2006, 07:59:14 PM
I saw a good fight lastnight on ESPN2 Wed. Night Fights, Jesse Brinkley (Contender) vs. Joey Spina.  Spina knocked him out in the 10th round.  Brinkley moved up in weight (middleweight) and really looked good for most of the fight.  In the end the bigger and better fighter won. 

Spina was considered for the Contender last year but he didn't get on.  I think he was probably too good, I have seen him fight before and he is an up and comer; he is from the Providence, RI area.  I think he would have won had he gotten on the show rather easily.

Great fight.  I thought Jesse had it but that body shot from Spina was nasty.  Did you  hear if Brinkley busted anything?  Rib?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Collazo has one hell of a tattoo!!

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

hatten looks like hes about 74 there...skeletor

cant wait for that fight tonight
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

No news on Brinkley breaking anything, what a great fight that was :yay.

Here is the "tale of the tape" for tonight

LUIS COLLAZO STATS RICKY HATTON

25             AGE                                    27
5'9"           HEIGHT                            5'7"
147           WEIGHT                          147
67"            REACH                              65"
16"            NECK                                15"
39"            CHEST (NORMAL)              37"
40"            CHEST (EXPANDED)          39"
13"            BICEPS                             13"
11"            FOREARMS                       9 1/2"
7"              WRIST                                 7"
11"            FIST                                 11 1/2"
32"            WAIST                              30"
21"            THIGH                              20 1/2"
14"            CALF                                14 1/2"
10"           ANKLE                              10"

Hatton needs to pressure him all night like he did Kostya, Late round KO for Hatton IMO

Drunkmasterflex

I am really looking forward to this fight, there is a great line up of fights unfortunately I am probably going to miss the fights in June since I am going to JRTC in Louisianna.

ice grillin you

i wont say that collazo got robbed but that was a horrible decision...he mos def won the fight...and to have hatten and three points is ridiculous
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Hatton won, he probably should of the fight wasn't as good as is started out to be...but it was a pretty good fight.  I think Hatton should have stuck with his earlier strategy and kept pooring it on. 

SD_Eagle5

Caught the replay this morning, Collazo was slighted. Hatton landed some solid shots here and there but overall Callozo fought the better fight. At minimum it should have been a draw.

Diomedes

Anne Wolfe knocks opponent out flat with one devastating right hook. 

It was a lucky blow, and she's got no class for behaving like that afterwards, but...wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEPS7v1DokI&search=Anne%20Wolfe
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Diomedes on May 21, 2006, 04:25:24 PM
Anne Wolfe knocks opponent out flat with one devastating right hook. 

It was a lucky blow, and she's got no class for behaving like that afterwards, but...wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEPS7v1DokI&search=Anne%20Wolfe

Someone chould put a controlled pair right between her eyes for acting like that.  Great punch, but man she was acting like a total retard.

Feva

What a farging punch.  That shot woulda floored a few guys.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phillymic2000

This guy is a complete idiot, what a prick I was looking forward to this fight.

QuoteCastillo fails to make weight; The fight is off!
By Mike Sloan at the scales
5:25PM: Corrales promoter Gary Shaw announces that the fight is off. "He (Diego Corrales) is not going to put his life at risk," said Shaw. "You saw what happened last time. We are not money hungry!" Castillo's promoter Bob Arum says he is "mortified and completely embarrassed." The SHOWTIME telecast will go on with IBF flyweight champion Vic Darchinyan vs Luis Maldonado as the main event.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5:00PM: Jose Luis Castillo has failed to make weight again. For the second time today, Castillo weighed in at 140, then 139.5 after trying to sweat off the pounds for two hours. The ball is now in Diego Corrales' court whether he wants to fight or not. The bout would be a non-title affair like their second fight, in which Castillo also failed to make weight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3:15PM: Castillo has two hours to lose two pounds. Period. The Nevada commission will not allow him to lose more, saying it is medically unsafe. If he can't lose two pounds, apparently there is no fight.
Promoter Bob Arum is furious at Castillo. "This is a complete disgrace," said Arum. "As far as I'm concerned, I do not represent him. If I was Corrales, I wouldn't fight him. This is a disgrace to the sport of boxing."
After weighing in, Castillo stood briefly on the stage looking disgusted, before storming away to try to lose the weight. Corrales said he'll wait to see what happens before deciding whether to fight or not.
3:00PM: Jose Luis Castillo has just weighed in at 140 or FIVE POUNDS above the lightweight limit. Corrales weighed in right at the 135 limit. After Corrales made weight, Castillo got on the scale again and weighed 139.5. Castillo now has two hours to lose two pounds. Promoter Bob Arum has stated previously that Castillo was facing big penalties if he could not make weight. He could forfeit up to 25% of his $900,000 purse to Corrales, who is slated to make $1.2 million.