Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

A look at a few fights this month, April is a very active month with ESPN having two great cards on Friday night fights.

Saturday April 1st (Showtime)

Brewster vs. Liakhovich (for Brewsters WBO Belt)  Brewster by a mid round devestating KO.

April 8th (HBO PPV)

Judah vs. Mayweather (For Judah's IBF Welter belt) Mayweather by a 8th round TKO

April 14th (ESPN)

Harrison vs. Guinn  (heavy's) Love to see Guinn win this one, so I'll say Guinn by UD

April 22nd (HBO)

Byrd vs. Klitschko (For Byrd's IBF Title) Byrd by SD, hopefully setting up a fight with Lights Out!

April 28th (ESPN)

Peter vs. Long (Vacant NABF Heavy Title) Peter bounces back from his loss to Klitschko with a 6th round KO

April 29th (HBO)

Freitas vs. Raheem (WBO Lightweight Title)   The dream conitnues to roll with a UD.

phillymic2000

Holy crap what a great fight, if you can catch the replay, it's a must see. Toe to Toe bombs being thrown almost the entire second half of this one :o "The White Wolf" deserved to win it.

phillymic2000

HBO today 5pm est Byrd vs. Klitshcko from Germany, also espn showing Ali/Wepner (3pm est) and Tyson/Tillis @ 4:30pm est.

NGM

Well Klitschko busted Byrd up good.  8th round TKO.  American boxers pretty much suck right now. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Diomedes

Can anyone suggest a good site to read about boxing?  I don't ever get to see the matches, because I don't have cable.  I look at the ESPN articles from time to time, but I imagine there's better stuff out there.

OT:
I'm late in writing to Joneszilla.  Today is a rainy day, perfect for writing a letter.  Last I heard, things weren't looking good on the appeal.  He got pretty serious time, so if the appeals process fails, he won't be out for several years (pending good behaviour, etc.)
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

Quote from: NGM on April 22, 2006, 05:49:39 PM
Well Klitschko busted Byrd up good.  8th round TKO.  American boxers pretty much suck right now. 

7th round.  ;) 

You're right though... Klitschko beat the shtein out of Byrd.  If the ref hadn't stopped it at that point, it would've only gotten worse once all that blood had gotten into his eyes.

Quote from: Diomedes on April 23, 2006, 09:35:20 AM
OT:
I'm late in writing to Joneszilla. Today is a rainy day, perfect for writing a letter. Last I heard, things weren't looking good on the appeal. He got pretty serious time, so if the appeals process fails, he won't be out for several years (pending good behaviour, etc.)

Dio...

I tailgated with him in Atlanta in 2003, but I wasn't posting here regularly when he ended up going to jail.  What'd he get convicted of?  To have been hit with "pretty serious time", it had to be more than snatching a purse.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Diomedes

It's a long story that I don't know very well myself.  I don't mean to be going on about it as though I do, and it's way off topic.   I'll leave it at that.

mussa

man joneszilla really got screwed.  poor fargin guy.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phillymic2000

Yep Byrd tried to go toe to toe after the first round. He was moving and easily hitting Klitschko's body, but for some reason he stood there and tried to bang. I'd like to see Rahman (show up as he did against Toney) fight Klitschko, or in fact Toney fight him.

phillymic2000

DLH with the destruction of Mayorga!!! TKO in the 6th. Sept fight with Floyd Jr? :yay

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phillymic2000 on May 07, 2006, 12:22:50 AM
DLH with the destruction of Mayorga!!! TKO in the 6th. Sept fight with Floyd Jr? :yay

If he fought the way he did against Mayorga tonight the potential fight between him and Mayweather Jr. would be spectacular.  That was the best DLH has looked in years.  He straight up dominated that fight.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

I was so happy to see it too, I can't stand that punk Mayorga.

Mayweather Jr. was all swmiles last night. This will be the biggest payday for both if it comes off.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phillymic2000 on May 07, 2006, 09:39:39 AM
I was so happy to see it too, I can't stand that punk Mayorga.

Mayweather Jr. was all swmiles last night. This will be the biggest payday for both if it comes off.

Yeah, I am not a DLH fan but I was rooting for him lastnight Mayorga is an A-hole.  He was talking so much crap before the fight that he didn't back up.  He motivated DLH to give him an ass beating. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell