Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 29, 2005, 05:16:50 PM
Roy Jones Jr needs neurological testing before Tarver fight

If you are required to get a test like this in order to fight, maybe you should just not fight. Maybe. You know. Call me crazy.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

phillymic2000

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 29, 2005, 05:21:46 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on August 29, 2005, 05:18:03 PM

If you are required to get a test like this in order to fight, maybe you should just not fight. Maybe. You know. Call me crazy.

Agreed.

THis is the WBC Grandstanding IMO, Jones has been knocked out twice, but overall, he has seen almost none brutal contact over his 15yr. career. I think it is bs for the WBC to pull this stunt.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phillymic2000 on September 04, 2005, 09:25:20 AM

Agreed.

THis is the WBC Grandstanding IMO, Jones has been knocked out twice, but overall, he has seen almost none brutal contact over his 15yr. career. I think it is bs for the WBC to pull this stunt.

That really  has nothing to do with it, the dude has gone up and down weight classes so much that is what has caused his problem. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on September 05, 2005, 12:03:07 PM
Quote from: phillymic2000 on September 04, 2005, 09:25:20 AM

Agreed.

That really  has nothing to do with it, the dude has gone up and down weight classes so much that is what has caused his problem. 

???

QuoteThe Mexico City-based boxing organization said in a news release that it was "deeply concerned" about the fight because Jones was knocked out in his last two fights.

PhillyGirl

PhillyGirl

Drunkmasterflex

Just watched the Cotto/Torres fight and it was tremendous, Cotto stopped him in the 7th but it was just good hard fought battle.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Diomedes

This ESPN feature on the Thrilla in Manila is worth reading.

link
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

The greatest heavy weight fight I've ever seen. I knew the outcome, I had heard every detail of it before I watched it, and still, when I saw it replayed, was completely amazed. We don't have fights like that anymore.

And frankly we don't have fighters like that anymore. Boxing has become boring. Which sucks.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

there have been some great fights over the last few years, just not in the heavyweight division. 

rjs246

Quote from: MURP on September 28, 2005, 09:11:06 PM
there have been some great fights over the last few years, just not in the heavyweight division. 

Agreed, but heavyweight bouts are what put the sport on the map. They're still the biggest draws and the biggest money-makers and we haven't seen a decent title bout in years.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phillymic2000

Quote from: rjs246 on September 29, 2005, 08:08:31 AM
Quote from: MURP on September 28, 2005, 09:11:06 PM

Agreed, but heavyweight bouts are what put the sport on the map. They're still the biggest draws and the biggest money-makers and we haven't seen a decent title bout in years.

What? the John Ruiz / Andrew Golota fight was everything a fan could want  :puke On a good note though, Brewster beat Luan last night via a 9th round TKO, that was a very good test for Brewster. Wlad got by the Nigerian Nightmare by holding like a dance partner. So that lines up a rematch with Brewster for the younger Klit bro. Larry "the legend" :-D Donald fights Nicoli Valeuv (sp ???) the "beast from the east" 7 ft 1 inch 320 pounds undefeated (protected fighter) prospect this weekend in an eliminator bout to face John Suckuiz for his belt. Big Bro klit is fighting I think in November against Rahman. James Toney fights an interesting fight against the "southern Disaster" Dominick Guinn, and on that undercard the last and sometimes forgotten chump, I mean champ Chris Byrd fights Darvyll Williams, if both Byrd and Toney win, look for that fight to come off in the new year. So exciting ehhh maybe not, but at least there is some fights going off in the near future in the Heavy's.