Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henchmanUK

Quote from: phillymic2000 on June 06, 2005, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: henchmanUK on June 06, 2005, 05:19:57 AM
HITMAN

I gotta give it to ya Henchman!! Hatton handled Tszyu. I am in no way a hater when i say this but with Tszy going into Hattons home town as the Champ, will we finally see Hatton outside if England? Anyway way to go, Hatton is IMO the man at 140lbs. right now, Mayweather is getting pumped as the P4P guy at 140 right now, but i think Hatton would dipose of him.

I hope you'll see Hatton soon, he definitely deserves the shot at the Vegas circuit after disposing of Kosta Tszyu. Would love to see him fight Mayweather or Gatti, but we'll see. I hope he doesn't start fighting bums. There was a piece in one of the British papers saying the fight did a lot to restore boxing's reputation, not only for the quality of the fight but also because of the respect the two boxers had for each other after the fight and I have to agree. All in all, one of the greatest nights British boxing has seen for years. :yay
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

phillymic2000

Quote from: henchmanUK on June 07, 2005, 07:30:18 AM
Quote from: phillymic2000 on June 06, 2005, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: henchmanUK on June 06, 2005, 05:19:57 AM
HITMAN

I gotta give it to ya Henchman!! Hatton handled Tszyu. I am in no way a hater when i say this but with Tszy going into Hattons home town as the Champ, will we finally see Hatton outside if England? Anyway way to go, Hatton is IMO the man at 140lbs. right now, Mayweather is getting pumped as the P4P guy at 140 right now, but i think Hatton would dipose of him.

I hope you'll see Hatton soon, he definitely deserves the shot at the Vegas circuit after disposing of Kosta Tszyu. Would love to see him fight Mayweather or Gatti, but we'll see. I hope he doesn't start fighting bums. There was a piece in one of the British papers saying the fight did a lot to restore boxing's reputation, not only for the quality of the fight but also because of the respect the two boxers had for each other after the fight and I have to agree. All in all, one of the greatest nights British boxing has seen for years. :yay

:yay

Don Ho

Quote from: phillymic2000 on June 01, 2005, 12:10:48 PM
Alright, some good fights coming up.

This weekend:

Kostya Tzyu (IBF champ) vs. Ricky Hatton for the IBF title at 140lbs.

Young and untested Hatton in his hometown, going after the hard hitting Kostya for his title. fight is actually being fought at 2am England time to fit Showtimes time frame. Kostya with a late round stopage (10th)

June 11th: Mike Tyson  ;D vs. Kevin McBride Heavy's

Which Tyson will show up? If it is the in shape one, after he demolishes the Irish Pud he should sign on to fight Ruiz for free, just to get a belt... Tyson Ko in Rd. 2

June 18th: Glenn Johnson vs. Antonio Tarver (for Johnsons World titles at 175lbs.

Tarver looks for Revenge, and if he gets it look for a third fight. If Johnson is the winner he will probably have his pick of RJJ or Hopkins (if hopkins beats Taylor). Johnson would probably pick Hopkins, who gave him his first loss. Johnson by split decision.

June 25th: Arturo Gatti vs. Floyd Mayweather (for Gatti's WBC title)

Thunder vs. Flash, This one has turned into a big time fued!!Gatti has had major problems with fights faster then him, DLH, Manfreddy and to make it worse Mayweather is much quicker then both of those opponets. Mayweather does have a suspect chin. My heart tells me Gatti, cause Mayweather is a punk IMO, my mind tells me Mayweather, but what the heck Gatti wins by Ko in the 6th after catching Mayweather on a counter.

July 2nd: Sam Peter vs. Tyrus Sykes:

Peter is the up and coming Ko artist in the Heavy's very dangerous and powerfull, he needs to work on his boxing skills a bit, but expect an exciting KO in this one!! Peter by way of a 3rd round TKO

July 16th: Benard Hopkins vs. Jermain Taylor (for Hopkins IBF/WBC/WBO/WBA belts)

Hopkins taking on the young lion of the Middleweight division. This one will be awesome. hopkins wants this one sooooo bad Taylor is young and strong but does not have the experience that Hopkins has. Hopkins by a UD.

An exciting June and July for boxing fans!!

MIC:

Any idea which of these fights will be on HBO?  My son and I love Gatti.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

6/11 Tyson is on Showtime payperview $44.95

6/11 Miguel Cotto va Mohamed Abdullaev (WBO 140)  ON HBO
         Kid Diamond vs Joel Casamayor (135)
         Victor Bisbal vs TBA (Hvy)

6/18 Glen Johnson vs Antonio Tarver (World 175)  ON HBO
         Ike Quartey vs Verno Phillips (154)

6/25 Arturo Gatti vs Floyd Mayweather (WBC 140)      ON HBO PAY PER VIEW $44.95

7/2  Sam Peter vs Taurus Sykes (Hvy) On showtime
        Oscar Diaz vs TBA

7/16  Bernard Hopkins vs Jermain Taylor (IBF/WBC/WBA/WBO 160)           ON HBO PAY PER VIEW $44.95

henchmanUK

Quote from: phillymic2000 on June 07, 2005, 10:16:16 PM

Hatton will be watching that one.  ;D
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

phillymic2000

Quote from: henchmanUK on June 08, 2005, 06:04:53 AM

I would love to see him fight either one. Floyd I think he no problem with, Floyd is fast but hatton took some BOMBS from Tsyzu and kept coming. Gatti throws the hardest punch at this weight. I would rather see Gatti win and face Hatton. Fireworks all night in that one :yay

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phillymic2000 on June 08, 2005, 09:33:32 AM

I would love to see him fight either one. Floyd I think he no problem with, Floyd is fast but hatton took some BOMBS from Tsyzu and kept coming. Gatti throws the hardest punch at this weight. I would rather see Gatti win and face Hatton. Fireworks all night in that one :yay

I think Gatti wins that one, but I am a little biased he is my favorite fighter.  I think you are right though that would be a fight with a ton of action and would surely be a big draw.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

henchmanUK

Quote from: Double J on June 08, 2005, 09:25:34 PM
Quote from: phillymic2000 on June 08, 2005, 09:33:32 AM

I think Gatti wins that one, but I am a little biased he is my favorite fighter.  I think you are right though that would be a fight with a ton of action and would surely be a big draw.

I think the whole of Britain would stay up until 6am to watch Hatton-Gatti.

MURP

Tyson press conference was another gem.  haha

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MURP on June 09, 2005, 11:36:02 AM
Tyson press conference was another gem.  haha

"I'm gonna gut you like a fish"

"You're going to get Kevin killed"

lol
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

I merst brrrllleak you!

SD_Eagle5

Tyson looked like the Tyson of old the first couple rounds, but once his stamina ran out he was done. I couldn't figure out why a guy with a 40 lbs. weight advantage and 9 inch reach advantage wasn't utilizing his jab and was seemingly try to fight inside whenever he could. But after the 5th round it was obvious McBride's strategy was to wear Tyson down and frustrate him...which worked perfectly. Time for Tyson to hang 'em up.

I can't stand Layla Ali. Something about the scowl on her face and cocky dispostion annoys me.  :boo I hope some big bitch comes along and tunes her up.  :evil

henchmanUK

Drunkmasterflex

I started laughing my ass off when Tyson didn't come out of the corner WTF! I just hope he sticks by his word and stays out of the ring he is purely a circus act at this point. 

The next two weeks are going to be awesome Johnson/Tarver 2 and Mayweather/Gatti.  I cannot wait.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP