Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on June 14, 2017, 10:15:17 PM
it will at least settle the horrible debate about boxing /mma.

i farging hate mma but i totally get it if people like mma better....to each his/her own....but whats the debate?....are there actually mma people who think mma fighters can beat boxers with boxing rules?....on the flip side with mma rules the boxer would get destroyed

the only argument i see is over which sport is better....and even that gets old after about two minutes

also all you need to know about this fight is that espn employs the greatest boxing mind ive ever heard in my life in max kellerman and yet they keep having SAS on to talk about it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

literally millions of MMA fans think their athletes can complete with boxers. to their credit the mma fan base is mad young and boxing has been pretty shtein for most of their lives.

I like mma a lot but i'd be surprised if mcgregor lands more than 25 punches total. he's never seen anyone dodge like floyd. that being said, mcgregor takes bare fist punches to the grill and I could easily see it going the distance.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on June 15, 2017, 10:28:59 AM
literally millions of MMA fans think their athletes can complete with boxers. to their credit the mma fan base is mad young and boxing has been pretty shtein for most of their lives.

I like mma a lot but i'd be surprised if mcgregor lands more than 25 punches total. he's never seen anyone dodge like floyd. that being said, mcgregor takes bare fist punches to the grill and I could easily see it going the distance.

holy crap im so glad ive never come across an mma fan....that is incredible

i think mcgregor probably lands zero punches but no more than 3....as long as floyd takes this serious he will knock mcgregor out....in no more than three rounds....again assuming hes not there just for the money and dances around or doesnt play any offense at all...i also think there virtually no chance this fight goes really deep much less the distance...theres no chance mcgregor get in 12 round boxing shape in the next two months....assuming he even tries to...its akin to usain bolt having to get ready to run the 1500 meter.....mcgregor is not going to be in the kind of aerobic shape it takes to fight for 12 rounds

smeags

is anyone going to actually spend the money to watch this joke ?

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

if someone had a party and invited me over id throw a few bucks in for it....but as for the fight itself i have almost no interest and would never get it myself or split it with a friend....

and the hype for it he next two months is going to be sickening....the early narrative of a punchers chance is already pissing me off and we are less than 24 hrs in on two months of blazing hott takes....

a farging punchers chance refers to a fight with two boxers....it would be like saying the best triathlete in the world would have a punches chance swimming against michael phelps winning the tour de france or winning the boston marathon

smeags

mayweather is going to annihilate McGregor. I guess the paycheck makes it worth the impending embarrassment he is going to deal with. 
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: smeags on June 15, 2017, 10:39:58 AM
is anyone going to actually spend the money to watch this joke ?

Either last night after the 30 for 30 or this morning when I turned the TV on ESPN had a segment on some show about how the real losers in all of this is the fans and how it's one big scam.

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 15, 2017, 10:39:22 AM
i think mcgregor probably lands zero punches but no more than 3....as long as floyd takes this serious he will knock mcgregor out....in no more than three rounds....again assuming hes not there just for the money and dances around or doesnt play any offense at all...i also think there virtually no chance this fight goes really deep much less the distance...theres no chance mcgregor get in 12 round boxing shape in the next two months....assuming he even tries to...its akin to usain bolt having to get ready to run the 1500 meter.....mcgregor is not going to be in the kind of aerobic shape it takes to fight for 12 rounds

for sure the hype is going to be 100x bigger than the actual fight. although most floyd fights are garbage to watch anyway.

landing no more than 3 punches is laughable though. this guy is actually a boxer not some scrub. he farging trained under freddie roach at one point in his life and with some of ireland's best. he obviously has no right to be in the ring with floyd but he could hold his own against lesser pro boxers.

QB Eagles

It's a publicity stunt like Ali fighting the wrestler. It's going to earn a bunch of money and be retarded.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on June 15, 2017, 12:36:22 PM
landing no more than 3 punches is laughable though. this guy is actually a boxer not some scrub. he farging trained under freddie roach at one point in his life and with some of ireland's best. he obviously has no right to be in the ring with floyd but he could hold his own against lesser pro boxers.

hes not a boxer period...unless he has had professional fights of any stature that i dont know about....im not a conor mcgregor expert....but hes literally me or you if we got into his shape and then messed around in a gym when we were 12

and i would say if he got three punches in in say three rounds it wouldnt be as bad a showing as your prediction of 25 punches in 12 rounds

PhillyPhreak54

MMA fans are generally meathead bros who don't know shtein. They walk around in affliction shirts with Monster hats and drive lifted trucks that never touch a speck of mud

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 15, 2017, 01:16:55 PM
MMA fans are generally meathead bros who don't know shtein. They walk around in affliction shirts with Monster hats and drive lifted trucks that never touch a speck of mud

probably a good number of maga's too....no?

PhillyPhreak54

Oh yeah...like 99.9%

In fact I don't think I have ever run across a dem or progressive liberal who was IN on MMA

phattymatty

I enjoy both helping the less fortunate and violent neanderthal blood sports.

Diomedes

I would be IN on this fight if it was a two part affair...a boxing match, to be followed by an MMA match.

Who am I kidding.  I wouldn't watch either fight.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger