CF Financial

Started by hbionic, February 12, 2010, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

You're farged anyway.  Don't pay anyone anything.  farg them, farg their stupid system.   Live by cash.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on May 12, 2010, 08:45:27 PM
You're farged anyway.  Don't pay anyone anything.  farg them, farg their stupid system.   Live by cash.
remember DIO is anti establishment

Phreak has some experience with this as far as apartments work.  I'm not entirely familiar with how they can collect, but its always better to get rid of it sooner than later. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Mine was actually with a rental house that the roomies farged up, but same situation for the most part.

And I read a lot about credit repair to help my mother clean hers up. That's when I discovered myfico.com and creditboards.com.

There's invaluable information found on those sites.

The other thing I forgot to add...

If you pay it off via the collection agency it will not be removed from your reports. It will show as "paid collection" and still appear on there as a collection.

I am not sure of PA's statute of limitations on collections, but its probably 7 years that it wil hang on there.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 12, 2010, 10:15:23 PM

I am not sure of PA's statute of limitations on collections, but its probably 7 years that it wil hang on there.

Thanks for the good info Jay.

Here's my thing, I don't need good credit for shtein for the next 5-10 years. I'm not planning on buying a house and my truck is paid off  So I can wait it out. I'm already in an apartment that I'm happy with. I'm basically done with school (I'm taking some bullshtein classes to finish out my GI Bill), so once that's done I'll be working full time.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD on May 12, 2010, 11:30:01 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 12, 2010, 10:15:23 PM

Thanks for the good info Jay.

Here's my thing, I don't need good credit for shtein for the next 5-10 years. I'm not planning on buying a house and my truck is paid off  So I can wait it out. I'm already in an apartment that I'm happy with. I'm basically done with school (I'm taking some bullshtein classes to finish out my GI Bill), so once that's done I'll be working full time.

No prob..

But here's the catch; when you do decide to buy a house it will show. Apparently when mortgage companies are pulling your records they pull a certain type of report that shows your entire history, including collections that have fallen off on your "normal" reports. So this could still haunt you in the future. Same with potential employee credit pulls for conditions of employment, etc.

Good luck in whatever route you take, man.

SD

That's why I'm considering waiting it out, then letting it dwindle to a reasonable price, then paying it off. It will still count as a negative but it will be a paid negative.

Seabiscuit36

you need to make your baby mama hit the pavement to earn you some money
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

It's a rigged system.  People should stop playing along.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

I agree, but bitches be crazy. You've been warned.

PhillyPhreak54

Any of you jerks use one of the on-line trading sites?

I've been looking at Scottrade lately but want to get more opinions about it before I pull the trigger.

ice grillin you

interest rates are so low right now i am thinking about going to a 15 year mortgage which would only cost me 400 more per month
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 24, 2010, 09:23:34 PM
Any of you jerks use one of the on-line trading sites?

I've been looking at Scottrade lately but want to get more opinions about it before I pull the trigger.

I've had Scottrade in the past and it's a little cheaper than most but I switched over to Sharebuilder about a year and a half ago. It links right up with your ING Account if you have one. Super easy to just transfer in and out and between accounts, and is less than $10 a trade.

PhillyPhreak54

Nice.

And I think Continental Airlines have a OnePass mileage deal with sharebuilder too. I will look into it

PhillyPhreak54

Has anyone read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

Diomedes

Is that an Oprah book?