The Orgasmic Joys Of Bacon

Started by Rome, January 14, 2007, 08:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

First the maple syrup, and now this? Breakfast is ruined forever.

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

hbionic

Now that's some vengeful bacon. Maybe he shoulda killed it before he had the chance. Maybe it was a VC reincarnate?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

Picked up some "Country Style Bacon" from our local butcher the other day.  It's ridiculously awesome.

Also, not sure if this should go into the zombie apocalypse thread or here, but I found a Christmas gift for RJS. 

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/9-61914
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagaholic

QuoteA 105-year-old Texas woman who worked a life of physical labor and mothered seven children revealed the secret to her longevity: bacon.

"I love bacon, I eat it everyday," Pearl Cantrell told NBC affiliate KRBC when asked the secret to living so long. "I don't feel as old as I am, that's all I can say," Cantrell added.

Cantrell, who lives in central Texas and still dances, also told KRBC that her 105th birthday party was a three-day affair with more than 200 guests.

When Oscar Mayer found out about Cantrell's love of bacon, it sent one of its iconic Wienermobiles to make a bacon delivery to Cantrell's home. (You can watch video of Cantrell riding around her Texas town in the Wienermobile on local CBS affiliate KHOU.)

There's been some research to back up Cantrell's claim about the health benefits of bacon. A University of Zurich study published by the journal BMC Medicine in March found that eating little or no red meat can be a risk factor for early death. However, the same study found that eating too much bacon increases the risk of bowel cancer. (The study analyzed the diets of more than 400,000 people between the ages of 35 and 69.)

Great, I'll probably still be reading your fargers posts in 75 years. That's enough to make me give up bacon.

On a related note, I was just reading about the world's undisputedly verifiable  oldest person ever. She was French and born in 1875. Took up fencing at 85, rode a bike at 100 and tried to give up cigarettes at 117 when she went blind, couldn't find a lighter. Probably drank bacon wine, is my guess.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

BigEd76

The new IronPig alternate cap for Saturday games

Susquehanna Birder

General_Failure

Chinese city says pollution all due to ... bacon

QuoteDazhou, a municipality located in the northeastern corner of Sichuan province, has suffered from especially "severe air pollution" since earlier this month, according to the provincial environmental monitoring center.

But according to officials from Dazhou's own environmental protection bureau, the main cause is the smoking of bacon by local residents, according to a report Tuesday by the state-run China News Agency.

And what's worse is that Dazhou might not be alone. Over in the region's largest city, the government-owned Chongqing Evening News reported that the centuries-old winter tradition of smoking pork was behind a recent climb in PM 2.5, a pollutant consisting of tiny particles that can affect lung function and cause other problems.

Rome

Rome

Wembley Stadium is officially added to the bucket list.

smeags

Bacon wrapped dates. Foodgasm. :P
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Seabiscuit36

My son is infatuated with bacon.  Asks for Waffles and Hot B every morning.  I couldn't be prouder of him. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

just had a maple bacon dounut from duck dounuts.  :crazy
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

It's funny that you posted in this thread today. 

I was at Wawa trying to decide between a steak or bacon egg & cheese shorti this morning and ended up getting one with double bacon. 

The only issue I have with their sandwiches is the bacon tends to be a little undercooked, so I just take it out, toss it in the microwave for 30 seconds, and voila... extra crispy bacon heaven. 

BACON.