The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Free agency started this afternoon.  Time for the fun to begin...  :D

-- Sergei Zubov re-signed with Dallas
-- Toronto lost both Gary Roberts and Joe Nieuwendyk to Florida...2-year deals each  :yay

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

-- Adrian Aucoin signed with the Blackhawks....4 yrs, $16M
-- Mike Modano could end up signing with the Bruins...  :P

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 02, 2005, 12:04:46 PM
-- Mike Modano could end up signing with the Bruins...  :P

I can't say I understand why that deserves the "tongue out" smilie.  Maybe if you were a Bruins fan.

PhillyGirl

Bobby Holik signed with the Thrashers...Three-years, $4.25M in first year :o
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Phanatic

What I find really funny about the Holik signing is how much it cost the Rangers to buy him out.

QuoteHolik, a sought-after free agent after the New York Rangers bought him out, signed a $12.75-million US, three-year deal Tuesday with the Atlanta Thrashers. He'll earn $4.25 million from the Thrashers and around $9 million from the Rangers once his buyout paperwork is finalized.

I love watching the comedy that is the Rangers organization.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PhillyGirl

Satan signed with the Ice-landers.

BigEd76

-- Chicago wants Khabibulin
-- Amonte signs with Calgary  :evil
-- Michael Peca to Edmonton <==> Mike York and a conditional pick to the Icelanders
-- Chris Pronger to Edmonton <==> Eric Brewer, Jeff Woywitka and Doug Lynch to the Blues
-- Sergei Gonchar (BOS) signs with Pittsburgh (5 yrs, $25M)  :o
-- Iginla re-signed with Calgary (3 yrs, $21M)
-- Kovalev re-signed with Montreal (4 yrs, $18M)
-- Markus Naslund re-signed with Vancouver (3 yrs, $18M)
-- Mathieu Dandenault (DET) signs with Montreal (4 yrs, $7M)
-- Brian Leetch and Shawn McEachern sign with Boston
-- Bryan Berard signs with Columbus
-- Cory Stillman signs with Carolina
-- Pavol Demitra signs with Los Angeles
-- Brian Boucher re-signs with Phoenix

PoopyfaceMcGee

I still have my Boucher Flyers jersey.  It's the only one I have.

Oh well.

BigEd76

-- the Scott Neidermayer sweepstakes ::) is down to New Jersey (re-sign), San Jose (near Vancouver, needs a D with the loss of Rathje) and Anaheim (where his brother plays)

PhillyGirl

BigEd76

Colorado replaced Forsberg and Foote with Pierre Turgeon and Patrice Brisebois  :-D

BigEd76

Eklund is reporting that Lindros and LeClair are reuniting with the Rangers...  :-D

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

He had Forsberg to Philly and that one ended up true...

He had Neidermayer going to Anaheim and that one ended up true...