2007 Mets - Choking Scumbag Losers Who Deserve to Die

Started by DH, April 02, 2007, 10:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mets are gearing up for another loss to an 85-win team in the NLCS.

Feva

Oliver Perez pulled one out of his ass last night scattering 5 hits over 7.  Didn't expect that at all.

Mets have outscored opponents in the 1st 4 games 31-3.  4-0 for the 1st time since '85.  :yay

Glavine vs. Smoltz today... cold as shtein out today, but I'll be there.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MDS

You live in the Dirty Dirty?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

DH

Get loud out there Feva...

Ill be at Shea on Wednesday...should be a robust 35 degrees.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Die-Hard on April 07, 2007, 02:01:02 PM
Get loud out there Feva...

Ill be at Shea on Wednesday...should be a robust 35 degrees.

I hope you freeze your ass off and Eaton throws a shutout (okay, even I admit the second part is wishful thinking)

DH

There is a better chance that I literally freeze my ass off than seeing your boy Eaton throw a shutout...

And Im talking about my ass actually freezing off. Detached from the rest of me.

LoDuca goes deep in the first. 1-0 Mets.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Die-Hard on April 07, 2007, 04:22:58 PM
There is a better chance that I literally freeze my ass off than seeing your boy Eaton throw a shutout...

And Im talking about my ass actually freezing off. Detached from the rest of me.

LoDuca goes deep in the first. 1-0 Mets.

2-1 Braves now.

This is one of those games that it's hard to enjoy either way.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

well at least none of us live in queens
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

300-pound man crushes fan at Shea

BY ZACHARY DOWDY
April 11, 2007, 10:20 PM EDT

Ellen Massey always counted being struck by a baseball or a bat at Shea Stadium among the hazards of being a Mets fan, but she never thought a 300-pound man would come crashing down the stands -- and onto her.

That's what the Manhattan resident, 58, said happened on Monday, Opening Day at Shea.

Shortly after the seventh-inning stretch, she said, a man dressed in a green Army-type jacket tumbled from higher seats and onto her back, knocking the wind out of her and, ultimately, causing serious injury.

"I only know he came flying," Massey, 58, said Wednesday from her bed in Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx. "I was literally not able to breathe for about half-a-minute or so. The first thing I was aware of was not being able to breathe, and then when I was able to breathe I was aware of the pain in my lower back."

Massey, who is a lawyer, is scheduled for surgery on a vertebra on Friday. After she was injured, she said, she was attended to by two emergency medical technicians who were in the stands watching the game, and then by Shea's own medics, who stabilized her head and neck area and took her to a local hospital.

She was transferred to Jacobi on Wednesday.

A Mets spokesman declined to comment Wednesday night.

Massey's nephew, Peter Rubens, 35, of Brooklyn, said the first sign that something was amiss was a splash of beer flying onto her at about 4 p.m., then a bump from the man, who is unidentified.

"We were sitting and watching the ball game," he said. "And in a split-second a rather large person, a man, came sort of tumbling down upon us and basically landed on my aunt's head and neck."

Rubens said he couldn't make out distinguishing features of the man, who got up quickly and left. The nephew said he was most concerned at the moment about his aunt, who had begun gesturing that she couldn't breathe.

Going to Opening Day at Shea has become a family tradition for him and his relatives, a ritual dating back two decades, Rubens said.

Massey, who said she goes to six or seven games a season, said she started going to the opener with family two years ago.

"I have to say that in going to a baseball park, the only fear that has ever entered my mind is that I'd get hit by a hard ball," she said.

"I didn't expect a 300-pound human missile to hit me in the back. That doesn't come up on my list of fears."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

That would be front page news if it had happened at CBP

MDS

Feva

Great start to the season for John Maine.

Carried a no-no through 6 innings last night, while Reyes and Beltran led the shelling of Dontrell... only 8 hits over his 3 starts, 17 K's.

Hopefully the kid keeps it up.  :yay

PoopyfaceMcGee