2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Watched the Natural this morning (tradition I have abefore the Phils season starts), there's a show on ESPN right now called The Natural: MLB celebrates. Its basically commentary and background of the movie, never knew it but the part when Hobbs gets shot by that psycho chick was actually taken from former Phillies 1st baseman Eddie Waitkus who was shot. Here's some more on that story.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 01, 2007, 09:35:56 PM
I don't know how many wins the Phillies will have but I guarantee it will be less than the number required to make the playoffs. They'll probably come within striking distance to trick some feebs into becoming emotionally invested in them yet again.

If the Phillies fool you one time, shame on them. If the Phillies fool you 12 times, shame on you.

Hopefully Howard will be good enough again to make the games worth watching.

I don't know if the Phillies will make the playoffs, but they can't miss it forever. Even the Red Sox drought didn't last forever. Eventually the Phils will do it, so no reason not to get emotionally invested.

Unless you are a Hoyda and afraid to get your heart broken.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 01, 2007, 11:29:48 PM
Watched the Natural this morning (tradition I have abefore the Phils season starts), there's a show on ESPN right now called The Natural: MLB celebrates. Its basically commentary and background of the movie, never knew it but the part when Hobbs gets shot by that psycho chick was actually taken from former Phillies 1st baseman Eddie Waitkus who was shot. Here's some more on that story.

QuoteEdward Stephen Waitkus (born September 4, 1919 in Cambridge, Massachusetts; died September 16, 1972 in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts) was an American first baseman in Major League Baseball who had an 11-year career (1941, 1946-1955).

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Well then at least they'll be drunk, well fed and surrounded by lesbians in their dying moments.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Mostly true. However, I have managed to spot that rarest of beast, the young hot lesbian couple, a few times recently. They obviously wanted me.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

im about to hit the road to go to the game today

GO BASEBALL!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Must be nice to work for the gub'ment and get about 10 weeks of vacation a year.

MDS

1-3: Harry, Wheels, Sarge
4-6: Wheels, Sarge
7-9: Harry, Wheels, Sarge

Kill me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Is that all season?

Wheels does the whole game all season?

What the farg are the Phillies thinking with this icehole?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Utley's batting cleanup with Howard in the 3 spot? Surprise, surprise.

Had a dream lastnight that Burrell went yard.