Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMH

I'm on corporate time, so I'm not looking for garbage.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i want to check out Dick's in Baltimore, it's a place where the wait staff insult you and talk shtein and you're supposed to give it right back.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

that sounds cool.....then afterwards you can go to chuck e cheese and have the organ playing hillbilly bear lead the wait staff in singing happy birthday to you
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

if we bring the kids down, yeah that would awesome

SD

Quote from: SunMo on October 05, 2011, 08:26:50 AM
i want to check out Dick's in Baltimore, it's a place where the wait staff insult you and talk shtein and you're supposed to give it right back.

Used to go to the one in San Diego. Crabs aren't half bad. Been thrown out of there a few times for being belligerent. My old room mate was tossed in 2002 during Super Bowl week for talking shtein to Siragusa.

SunMo

lol, so they can give it out but can't take it?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on October 05, 2011, 08:26:50 AM

I've been there before.  Not to the one in Baltimore, but in San Diego.  Food is decent and the waitresses are bitches.  Our waitresss made paper hats and put them on my kids' heads.  One said "I have skid marks" and the other said "I'm with stupid" and had an arrow pointing down.  They were giving the waitress a bunch of shtein too and having fun until the waitress came back with a water gun and soaked the crap out of them. 

Good times. 

SD

Quote from: SunMo on October 05, 2011, 12:19:41 PM
lol, so they can give it out but can't take it?

Depends. First time I was thrown out was because they said I was too drunk. I probably was but no more than I've been drunk on a regular night out. The second time I was talking shtein to one of the bartenders. He started giving me shtein about being in the Navy, so I said it beats being some douchebag bartender. We went back and forth for a bit then he got pissy and had me tossed. Third time was when I was with my old room mate. I was talking to the Goose and Chris Myers and they were really cool. My douchebag room mate started talking shtein about knocking Rich Gannon out (he's a Raiders fan) and was tossed. He was my ride so I had to go with him.

DH

Ive got a few bosses in town tonight and was told to make dinner arrangements and not worry about the cost...

9:30 reservations at Jean-Georges in Trump Tower in Manhattan. From what I've been told, this is the best French restaurant in the world - France included. Till tonight, the best French cuisine Ive had came from Au Bon Pain. 

Rome

A buddy of mine ate at a place in Napa called The French Laundry and said it was the best food he's ever eaten anywhere.

I've never liked French cuisine but I'm sure the place you're going to will be spectacular.

Enjoy!

rjs246

French Laundry is one of the most famous restaurants in the world. Same chef as Per Se in NYC. You ignorant hick.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Am I ignorant because I've never had dinner there or am I ignorant because I'm not a fan of French cuisine?

Before you answer, please consider it carefully, because your opinion on the matter is crucial to my self-esteem.

hbionic

I vote its just because you're an uncultured, ignorant hick. It would be a totally different story if you were an cultured, mediocre-ly educated hick.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

rjs246

The answer is Florida.

But seriously I only know about those two places because I have a buddy who is a chef. So I guess you don't have to kill yourself over it. Unless you want to. Your call really.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.