Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

And salsa, but no meat.   And smokers can't order it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Yeti

A california burger is two meat patties trying to farg each other.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dillen on July 27, 2011, 01:46:56 PM
New Paltz is pretty much a college town, yeah. During the semester probably 1/3 of the entire population is from SUNY. My buddy's girlfriend is from NP and whenever they visit each other she always comes to him because there's not much to do there.

im actually finding there is a decent amount to do here....every kind of food you could want...a really cool little record store...and way more restaurants than new paltz ny should have...last night i went to this place that i saw anthony bourdin goto and say they had the best fish tacos on the east coast

tomorrow night im going to a seafood market that bring in fresh fish daily from fulton street and has a bar/rest attached....had a couple of really really good pizza slices...im not thinking of moving here anytime soon but im pretty impressed...shouldnt be too suprising i guess because college town generally = cultured but i was a little skeptical because it was a branch of state university system which often arent like real college towns
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Dillen

I know a lot of people from that general area, Poughkeepsie, Kingston, etc and it seems almost everyone is love/hate with it. I'm not sure where exactly but there's supposed to be this incredible resort hotel in NP, my buddy and his girl went for a weekend. I'm sure it's expensive as hell but if you "sweat money" then you should look into it for a day, I'll try and find some info on it.

ice grillin you

yeah i think its called mohonk on the lake....i looked into staying here for this trip but it didnt take govt rates so i would have had to come out of pocket for it...it does look awesome but i have my own house on a lake in ny for free so i cant justify spending 300 a night on that place...im gonna drive by it tomorrow
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on August 22, 2011, 09:33:29 PM
Wrong thread, I know, but has anyone had the California Whopper at Burger King?  I don't eat fast food all that often but damn that looked good.

Tried it yesterday.  The guacamole was really bland and there was too much of it on the burger.  If you haven't had one yet, you're not missing much. 

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 02, 2011, 02:45:22 PM
Quote from: Rome on August 22, 2011, 09:33:29 PM
Wrong thread, I know, but has anyone had the California Whopper at Burger King?  I don't eat fast food all that often but damn that looked good.

Tried it yesterday.  The guacamole was really bland and there was too much of it on the burger.  If you haven't had one yet, you're not missing much.

Just had one. Wasn't anything special. It's basically a whopper with Guacamole on it.

Tomahawk

If you're ever in downtown Chicago, go to Kinzie Chophouse for one of the best steaks you'll ever eat

DH

I had my first ever fried pickle last night...then my second, third and fourth. Holy shtein, those things are good...they'll be making their way to tailgate.

Seabiscuit36

They're damn good.  were they the spears or the slices
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

DH

spears..im telling you, i cant remember the last time I had anything for the first time that i liked as much.

phattymatty

Sgt PSN

I thought that's what he was talking about.  Pickle isn't a metaphor?