Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

mmm collards.

Not much I like about the South but collards (and grits) are life affirming to the max.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 08, 2011, 07:53:26 PM
There's a place called Robinson's Barbeque that used to have a soul food truck that rode around to job sites before the construction industry collapsed.  They had the best goddamn ribs, chicken, mac & cheese & collards you've ever tasted.  And cheap too.  Like five dollars for a full ass platter cheap.

I used to call the restaurant if I was out in the field to find out where he was gonna be just to get my BBQ on.

i dont eat bbq but theres a bunch of those around here but they dont really move...they are always in the same spots on the side of roads...they arent cheap like that either...i stopped by one a couple weekends ago to get ribs for my girl and her friend and a rack was 22...which isnt crazy as it looked awesome but id expect to pay that in a restaurant not on the shoulder of a road

Quote from: Diomedes on August 08, 2011, 08:04:53 PM
mmm collards.

Not much I like about the South but collards (and grits) are life affirming to the max.

i make bangin collards...actually i usually get them at that farmers market underneath 83 in baltimore...you ever go to that one....its pretty damn good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

no. the Waverly farmer's market (on Saturday) is across the street, so I never go downtown on Sunday.

bought 2 lbs of dark luscious greens just the day before yesterday.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

There was a time when luscious greens would have meant something else entirely. Slippin'.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Speaking of "there was a time.."

A guy I know..62 years old or so..has a safe in his house.  One day thirty years ago or so, some kids who were playing at his house closed the thing and spun the wheel.  He didn't have the combination.  It hasn't been opened since.

Here's the rub: he's pretty sure there's a Thai stick in it. 

Those pre-date me by a few years, nevermind the span between when they stopped being available and when I started being available to them.

I want one.

What should I do?  Hire a locksmith?  How do you find a locksmith who won't rat you out if you have (30 year old) drugs in your safe?

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Maybe he's 64, I forget.  I don't track the man's birthday.

rjs246

So say he's 65 or so. Or say he's 60 or so. Weirdo.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

Diomedes

Quote from: rjs246 on August 08, 2011, 10:38:45 PM
So say he's 65 or so. Or say he's 60 or so. Weirdo.

but I remember his 60th birthday sometime recently...less than five years ago

when you're on 33rd st and you go to 39th street for lunch, you are going "up"

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

F that town.  Bunch of semantic fetishists.