Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Been to Emeril's in Orlando and the food was outrageous.

Had a whole lobster stuffed with baked crab imperial that was easily a top five meal ever.  I can't even describe how delicious the crab was.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

I had dinner last night at STK in NYC. Got the filet which cut like butter, but the highlight was dessert. We got a cheesecake sampler which consisted of three baseball shaped cheesecake balls - one dipped in dark chocolate, one in milk chocolate and one in white chocolate. One of the best desserts I've ever had.

PoopyfaceMcGee

There is a place just north of the Lincoln Motel and adjacent to a pawn shop on the boulevard that claims to have the "best crab cakes in the world." Hit?

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 28, 2011, 10:19:25 AM
There is a place just north of the Lincoln Motel and adjacent to a pawn shop on the boulevard that claims to have the "best crab cakes in the world." Hit?

next time you drive to or from philly let me know and ill point you to the best crabcakes in the world

two minutes off the bw parkway and four minutes from my cribbo

lurking wierdo

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 28, 2011, 10:32:42 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on July 28, 2011, 10:19:25 AM

next time you drive to or from philly let me know and ill point you to the best crabcakes in the world

two minutes off the bw parkway and four minutes from my cribbo
The debate continues! Fleet Landing in Charleston, SC. Also, the she-crab soup is with out a doubt the best food I have ever eaten.

PoopyfaceMcGee

There is no way the best crab cake in the world is that far from the Chesapeake Bay.

Rome

The Crab Trap in Somers Point has great crab cakes.   So does Busch's in Sea Isle.

Resume bitch fight...

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 28, 2011, 12:25:06 PM
There is no way the best crab cake in the world is that far from the Chesapeake Bay.

i feel like this is some sort of sarcastic wittyness but if it is i dont get it....if it isnt its one of the most uninformed things ever written

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 28, 2011, 01:11:53 PM

i feel like this is some sort of sarcastic wittyness but if it is i dont get it....if it isnt its one of the most uninformed things ever written

OR perhaps he just may not be responding to you.  Try reading the post above his for context.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 28, 2011, 01:20:47 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 28, 2011, 01:11:53 PM

OR perhaps he just may not be responding to you.  Try reading the post above his for context.

the post above him is talking about soup...im the one who repsonded to him about where the best crab cake was

maybe he thought was talking about crab CAKES in charleston   

PhillyPhanInDC

I had a phenomenal crab cake at a place called Jerry's in Lewes, De. just last week:

Called the Crab Bomb:
QuoteTen ounces of jumbo lump crab, lightly seasoned with old bay and baked to a golden perfection! Served with taterskin mashed potatoes and the vegetable of the day

I actually had the "firecracker" version which adds crushed black pepper and dry mustard.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on July 28, 2011, 01:36:02 PM
I had a phenomenal crab cake at a place called Jerry's in Lewes, De. just last week:

Called the Crab Bomb:
QuoteTen ounces of jumbo lump crab, lightly seasoned with old bay and baked to a golden perfection! Served with taterskin mashed potatoes and the vegetable of the day

I actually had the "firecracker" version which adds crushed black pepper and dry mustard.

yeah that thing is awesome

theres a few jerrys...i never been to the lewes one but in this area the lanham location is so good...bowie for some reasons lags and i cant explain why

is the bomb still like 35 bucks?

PhillyPhanInDC

$34.

My wife had the seared ahi tuna, which was also the goods.

Sure it's the same? http://jerrys-seafood.com/index.php

No mention of other locations, it's money if there is one close to home.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Rome

The original Phillips in Ocean City Md had some serious crab cakes.  Haven't been there in years though.