Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 05, 2011, 05:55:49 PM
Quote from: Munson on April 05, 2011, 04:42:10 PM
There's a Sbarro in the mall here

REALLY?!?!  IN THE MALL!?!?!

but I have no idea how they do any business because there's a non-chain pizza joint at the other end of the ball that's farging delicious

They probably don't do business.  You know, filing for chapter 11 and all. 

Good stuff, sarge.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

paco

For the DC folks, had dinner at Oya the other night. I've literally walked past it hundreds of times and never realized how nice it was. Coconut rice bowl and shrimp was a good choice.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

BigEd76

dunno if paco has ever been in this area, but I had dinner at Maxwells Steakhouse a few nights ago

Quote8 oz. Hand Cutayt, Truffled Potato Puree, Sautéed Jumbo Asparagus, Cabernet Demi-Glace

so basically steak, a scoop of mashed potatoes and 4 strands of asparagus. Appetizers were the usual bread/butter, then olives, then pita and hummus.  The usual house salad (the crappy kind with plant leaves and almost no dressing) before the meal, and dessert was a choice of peach cobbler w/ vanilla ice cream or a double fudge cake.

Rome

Sgt PSN

Spent a week out there skiing in 01 or 02.  Awesome. 

Rome

Breckenridge is pretty much my favorite cold place on Earth.  I wish I still made enough money to actually go there.  It's insanely expensive.

Some day...

Sgt PSN

Never been to Breckenridge.  Crusted Butte was a cheap trip arranged through our rec dept.  5 days staying in a condo (roughly 50 yds from the lift) + tickets + rt transportation from KC to CB for like $400/person.  Went with a couple friends and we all bunked up in the same condo.  One of the best trips I ever went on. 

MMH

Quote from: Rome on June 12, 2011, 05:48:07 PM
Breckenridge is pretty much my favorite cold place on Earth.  I wish I still made enough money to actually go there.  It's insanely expensive.

Some day...

Lucky for me, these guys have meetings up there every winter.

SD

In my desperate attempt to find decent Mexican food in this area I went to California Tortilla. Meh.

BigEd76

I was in Crested Butte for our annual business meeting.  (Last year was Clearwater Beach.)

Besides Maxwell's, we also had a chuckwagon dinner (complete with bluegrass band), and we also took the lifts to the top to Uley's Cabin for dinner a few nights later.  The food at Uley's wasn't that great, but Maxwell's was one of the best steaks I've had...

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on June 12, 2011, 07:11:18 PM
In my desperate attempt to find decent Mexican food in this area I went to California Tortilla. Meh.

You ain't in SoCal anymore.  Might as well get used to it.  Eat more cheesesteaks. 

SD

Sgt PSN

Refuse to what?  Eat more cheesesteaks or give up trying to find a good burrito?

SD

The latter. I refuse to believe there isn't at the very least a place that's at least comparable to average Mexican food in So Cal. I mean, there are plenty of Hispanics in the area so what gives?

Sgt PSN

Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans yes.  Mexicans not so much.  Accept it....best Mexican food around from now on is Chilis and Taco Bell.