Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Nine farging dollars for a pint of draft beer?

Hahahaha... good luck with that investment, dude.

MMH

You may be overestimating the smarts of the beer swilling sports fan community.

The key is to realize how ridiculous that is before walking in.

Sgt PSN

Drunk people probably won't do the math, so yeah, I could see lots of people running up outrageous tabs.  I also see them never coming back, other than with their lawyer to sue. 

What would be pretty awesome though is if those beer taps had a digital counter on them, kind of like a gas pump, and it shows how much you're spending as you drink.  Instead of pay at the pump, you call it tab at the tap.  You heard it here first. 

ice grillin you

what sarge said....the bar will not have any replay value because once people get murdered with a tab one time that will be it...its also not a sports bar...its a gastropub that has tv's with sports on them....i give it a year two tops before its gone

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

If you knock down the price on the beers then i'd love that place
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

paco

The "pint" glasses were under 12 oz. 

But yeah, the tab we ran up in 2 hours was pretty insane.  Of course, this is downtown DC, so there are plenty of gubment workers with too much money to spend :)

If they did make the place affordable, its my new favorite place.  I guess they are doing it for the atmosphere.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

Stopped by a new burger joint that opened up a few weeks ago called El Paso Burger. Kept it simple, bacon double cheeseburger and chili cheese fries. This was def a top 3 burger I've ever had and the chili cheese fries were amazing too. I really don't have the words to describe the food but they burger was huge and the fries came on a full size dinner plate and were completely smothered. It was a bit on the pricey side but worth every penny.

phattymatty

does anyone here dig pork belly?

i've had it twice in the last month or so at pretty high-end restaurants and it's basically just a huge piece of fat with maybe a tiny piece of meat inside. i find it hard to believe that both places made it wrong, but i don't get why it's so trendy right now. fatty meat doesn't bother me* but that shtein is gross.

*thats what she said

PhillyPhreak54

Never had it and don't really have the urge to even think about grubbing on that.

ice grillin you

i love pork belly...and no it shouldnt be one big piece of fat...if it looks like the fat on the edge of a prime rib then it wasnt done right..its basically unsmoked bacon and shouldnt be any fatter than that...and in fact most pork belly i have had has been less fatty than bacon

jose garces is a pork belly master...i ate at tinto a few months ago and got it...so good

Sgt PSN

Inspired by the pizza talk in the random musings thread, a good friend of mine is buying Baked On Main in Doylestown. 

ice grillin you

was down at a bar in bmore all day called ale marys....really cool corner bar with good food...they have bread pudding ala mode made out of krispy kreme donuts that is unfargingreal

Diomedes

My aunt is a teacher at the Christo Rey school a couple blocks away.  She sometimes stops there for drinks after work with a few other teachers.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

is she milfy cause there was minimum three or four elders in there today that i would have humped