Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I had lunch at Five Guys today.  I can't eat that shtein very much for obvious reasons but I had the double cheese with bacon, mushrooms & lettuce/tomato and it was insanely delicious.

At $5.99/burger it's a ridiculous bargain considering what you actually get for your money.

SD

I had a bacon double with cheese fried onions and hot sauce and a small fries from 5 guys prior to game time. It didn't sit well but it was delicious. They just opened one 5 minutes from my house, it's always packed. 

The BIGSTUD

WIP never stops raving about that place. I've never been there. I don't like eating that junk but if it truly is great maybe I'd try it one of these days. Do they just make burgers or do they have chicken sandwiches too?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Susquehanna Birder

Stopped in the Iron Hill Brewery today for lunch. The food was pretty good, but the beer sampler was somewhat underwhelming.

Munson

Food's def good there.

I also was not completely enamored with the beer sampler. I think I liked one out of the 5 they let me try.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Quote from: King Cole on November 22, 2010, 08:28:15 PM
WIP never stops raving about that place. I've never been there. I don't like eating that junk but if it truly is great maybe I'd try it one of these days. Do they just make burgers or do they have chicken sandwiches too?

This might be the worst post in the history of the internet.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Chciken sammiches are good, but you don't go into a burger joint and order one until you've had every burger in the menu.

rjs246

He mentions WIP. He says he's never been to a Five Guys. He implicitly defers to a message board to help him make a decision about whether he should go to a burger joint or not. Then he asks if they have chicken sandwiches.

Failure abounds.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

No chicken.  It's a simple menu:  burgers, hot dogs, fries, soda, GTFO

http://www.fiveguys.com/menu.aspx

QuoteThe large size [fries] packs in 1,464 calories and 71 grams of fat -- but if you've ever eaten at Five Guys, you know they basically hand you a grocery bag of fries.

smeags

Quote from: SD on November 22, 2010, 07:56:09 PM
I had a bacon double with cheese fried onions and hot sauce and a small fries from 5 guys prior to game time. It didn't sit well but it was delicious. They just opened one 5 minutes from my house, it's always packed. 

whoa wait, where ?!?!?!?!?!?!? i have one by work but i could always take one more step closer to a heart attack.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

BigEd76

There's one on Street Rd. and one in Ewing near TCNJ

Eagaholic

A couple of nights ago I went to a Brazilian restaurant. They had these wandering waiters with large skewers of different all kinds of meat. We had a tag on the table that was red on one side and green on the other. If you turned the red side up the meat waiters stayed away and the green side up meant they would come over and slice off a portion for you.

Seemed like there were dozens of these meat wanderers. They had chicken, sirloin, filet mignon, sausage, pork loin, a couple of lamb cuts, spare ribs, and a couple others. For the veggies they gave a plate of fried potato, plantain and yucca. All delicious but about as heavy/starchy as you can get, especially as a complement to the total meat fest. The meats from the grill were done just right for the most part.

The good news is I don't need to eat until next week. The bad news was the $95 tab for two. Price fix was only $29 per, but throw in a couple drinks, dessert, tip and it adds up. Nice to try once but for the price I wouldn't do it again, especially since the lady doesn't eat a whole lot.

phattymatty

this is standard at any brazilian steak house but I really like the term meat wanderers and want to use it today somehow.

smeags

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 23, 2010, 11:55:00 AM
There's one on Street Rd. and one in Ewing near TCNJ

yeah i know the one on street rd but that's in warmintster i believe. knowing where SD is i thought when he said minutes from his house he meant one closer than that.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: phattymatty on November 23, 2010, 12:22:46 PM
this is standard at any brazilian steak house but I really like the term meat wanderers and want to use it today somehow.

I think the meat wanderers are pretty standard (kind of like orientals). I'm not sure they all use the red/green card thing.

I ate at Fogo on Chestnut a few years back, and I can't believe how full my stomach was after that meal.