Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: Die-Hard on October 20, 2010, 02:16:59 PM
now that im looking at the menu, i coulda sworn i read about this place in philly mag a year or two back..i think it was a converted crackhouse actually.

former mayor barry should know it well then.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

DH

phattymatty

DH

ice grillin you

i posted the article on the board

and yeah it was the first or one of the first stores to begin the gentrification of its neighborhood

theres actually two of them in the city now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

thought so..ill have the corporate amex all week - you know ill be stoppin in there once or twice.

ice grillin you

the one youll go to most likely wont be that one...their second location is right downtown and probably much closer to where you will be
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

reese125

Quote from: SD on October 17, 2010, 06:44:22 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 12, 2010, 12:26:38 PM
im not saying its not good its just nothing special and there might be upwards of a 100 restaurants in the delaware valley better than buddakhan....its a great place for people who dont know what great food is...if that makes sense

It's pretty amazing but I completely understand what you're talking about. It's a bunch of high society types who are more into the scene than they are the food.

My Buddakan review:
Drinks: Guilt - Champagne, Grand Marnier, Blood Orange Juice
Wasn't bad, I drank beer and snuck sips from my girls because everyone kept saying they have good mixed drinks. I didn't think it was anything special.

Apps:
Crispy Shrimp And Scallop Spring Rolls plum sauce, spicy mustard -- Was good to very good, but nothing special
King Crab Tempura with ponzu sauce -- biggest disappointment of the night. The sauce tasted like Italian dressing with too much vinegar. You could hardly taste the crab because the tempura drowned the flavor. Tempura failed to enhance the flavor, which is it's sole purpose.

Entrees:
Glazed Alaskan Black Cod with Chilli Eggplant and Black Bean Relish -- Cod was the best thing we ate all night. It was phenominal.

Filet Mignon - Meh. I've had better filet at Longhorns. They gave you Tako Chips which are basically thin tortillas with a bland sauce. The sauce for the filet was very average.

Sides: Wasabi Mashed Potatoes -- Very good mashed potatoes with a flavor kick. Different but good.

The restaurant is cool but it's loud as hell. From the pictures it looked quiet and serene. Overall it wouldn't crack my top 50 restaurants I've ever eaten at.

By the way, Ill be honest and say I went here last Friday with the wife and I was thoroughly unimpressed. So unimpressed that when the manager came to do his rounds of asking how everything was I told him what was up. It turns out they changed head chefs 8 months ago and it made a huge difference. half the shtein they used to have on the menu were no longer there. not to mention their signature dish the "angry lobster" was gone.

Majority of the apps were average, some really good..but not what want when you're paying top dollar... and the core entrees did not come close to my expectations. So yes, right now Buddakhan is the antichrist.

Sgt PSN

Just ate at some MA joint and had a sammich called 3 Little Piggies.  Breaded pork tenderloin, bacon and cooked ham topped with a fried egg and cheese.  8/10. 

smeags

Sgt PSN

smeags

i may make that. what kid of bread was it on ?