Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Turkey Hill ice cream is no good, but that's not a surprise.   THe iced tea is no good either..that's what makes it so good.  It's like cheetos in that way.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on June 05, 2010, 11:41:26 AM
turkey hill has nothing on icy tea.

Icy Tea was the greatest thing ever when we were in college. The last time I tried some it scared the shtein out of me because it doesn't taste like tea, or any other discernible beverage for that matter. It's like concentrated ice tea sludge, diluted with a little bit of dirty water. Don't get me wrong, it's still delicious in its own way, but it definitely isn't tea and I would bet that if you dipped your balls in it and left them there for an hour it would remove all of the hair and skin.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

How much soak time to remove the hair but not the skin?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

rjs246

No. He's rebuffed all of my advances.

What I meant was, he's a scientist. He knows these things.

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

I don't think you need a scientist, just a frat boy.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

rjs246

I've thought about it for about a minute and I have no idea what that means. Or rather, what you're getting at.

Don't bother explaining, just thought I'd share.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Mexican food in the Philly area is terrible. I'm admittedly spoiled because I lived in San Diego for so long, but every time someone tells me to try this place or that place it falls short. I'm giving this place a try tonight: http://www.lasmargaritasphiladelphia.com/

Anyone been there? 3 or 4 people said it was good, but the kicker is the girl who cuts my hair is from San Luis, Mexico and gave it the thumbs up.

BigEd76

Filet mignon, king crab legs, Asian vegetables and lime cheesecake at Mike Alstott's restaurant.  Good stuff...

SD

Quote from: SD on June 13, 2010, 11:09:10 AM
Mexican food in the Philly area is terrible. I'm admittedly spoiled because I lived in San Diego for so long, but every time someone tells me to try this place or that place it falls short. I'm giving this place a try tonight: http://www.lasmargaritasphiladelphia.com/

Anyone been there? 3 or 4 people said it was good, but the kicker is the girl who cuts my hair is from San Luis, Mexico and gave it the thumbs up.

Place was meh

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on June 13, 2010, 06:16:11 PM
Quote from: SD on June 13, 2010, 11:09:10 AM

Place was meh

I've been there.  You have to drink a lot of the margaritas to make the food seem better than meh (which I did).

Wife and I hit up an awesome restaurant in Raleigh last night.  So, you know, if any of you ever need a recommendation on a top-notch place to eat in this area, go farg yourselves.

Rome

Los Amigos in Atlantic City is the shtein.

charlie

El Sarape is pretty good as well. There's one in blue bell and one near horsham.