Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

I ate a Wawa hoagie and some mac n cheese yesterday

ice grillin you

their mac n cheese is heaven...one of the best drunk foods of all time
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Quote from: SD on June 02, 2010, 08:24:14 AM
I ate a Wawa hoagie and some mac n cheese yesterday

lol...that didn't show up in the fitness thread.

SD

I've been sick since last wednseday so the diets been out the window, first day back was today and that was a chore.

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 02, 2010, 08:44:05 AM
their mac n cheese is heaven...one of the best drunk foods of all time

I got the family sized and finished it off. My room mate ran there after he saw me eating it and got himself one.

smeags

speaking of wawa they are alomst done building the bigger store near me. thanks god becuase its near impossible to even get in the parking lot of the existing one in the morning.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Seabiscuit36

In delaware they've pretty much phased out the old Wawa's and built the new ones with gas pumps instead. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

BigEd76

Quote from: smeags on June 04, 2010, 12:24:59 PM
speaking of wawa they are alomst done building the bigger store near me. thanks god becuase its near impossible to even get in the parking lot of the existing one in the morning.

the one by the old Fuddruckers?

Rome

Nothing says good meal at a restaurant like Wawa.

Diomedes

Quote from: SD on June 04, 2010, 01:58:07 PM
There's a Sheetz/Wawa rivalry

For real?

I'd never give Sheetz my money if I could go to Wawa instead.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 04, 2010, 12:42:35 PM
In delaware they've pretty much phased out the old Wawa's and built the new ones with gas pumps instead. 

Funnily enough, there's still three small ones left in my general area. One on Philly Pike near Troop 1, ne at the Foulk/Wilson intersection, and one at Namaans and 202.

There's also a few small ones left on route 40 and Delilah Road in Jersey. I figured they'd be tearing them all down by now
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

The only ones that are still small are the ones without access to surrounding land for expansion.

Sea Isle, Ventnor... many of the Shore stores don't have gas yet nor will they ever.  Not with 50 foot lots selling for $800,000.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on June 04, 2010, 04:37:33 PM
Quote from: SD on June 04, 2010, 01:58:07 PM
There's a Sheetz/Wawa rivalry

For real?

I'd never give Sheetz my money if I could go to Wawa instead.

To make a long story short: During the spring semester we had to do a creative component for our PR makeover of a company. Some kid from middle PA did Sheetz, then showed some video and made a back handed comment about Wawa. Half the class got in his shtein and our professor poured gas on the fire by adding his 2 cents about his experience in middle PA. I think it's more of a middle PA inferiorty complex than a full on rivalry but the bad blood is there.

Sgt PSN

Geowhizzer

Didn't have too many Wawas in Amish Country growing up.  The big convenience store chain around Chester / Lancaster country was Turkey Hill.